Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
angryman2
Follower
Follower

This is killing me.  I even went out and bought a new iPad to see if I could get it to run two systems.  I have one at my home and I would like to run a second system at my mom's house.  My home works but for some reason I can't get the camera's at my mom's to work.  I bought two Arlo's and I keep getting an error message that won't allow me to sync and so forth.  Is there something I'm not doing.  I even paid for an exra five camera's and spend another $99.00 to see if I could do this.  I'm wasting a lot of time and money to get these systems working.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you have a working system at home, it may be best to set up the new system at your house and then move it.  The physical location doesn't matter but the Internet connection may.

What are the LEDs on the base showing?  You have to have both the power and Internet LEDs green.  It might be useful to reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove any of the new devices that show up in Settings, My Devices and try again.

At your mother's house, what are the upload and download speeds as measured by speedtest.net?  Is the network hardware (modem and router) yours or the ISP's?  If yours, have any changes been made to the router security settings?  If it's the ISP's, you may need to get them involved to allow access to arlo.netgear.com for ports 80, 443 and 123.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, running multiple bases usu aren't an issue.... I've run 3 bases at a time and they all worked fine. All appear in the app.

Sounds like setup is an issue at the new location

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------