Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sync Arlo Q to base

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JeffPelcz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 wireless cameras synced to base.  When I add Device - Arlo Q - I get the amber slow blinking light on camera, press the sync button & the slow blinking blue light comes on, I hold it up to the QR code on the computer, the camera chimes, but then it can't sync.  Dscovery failed shows up - tried to reboot the base, unplugged the camera.  Nothing is working to get it to sync.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok Jeff... First it's apple and oranges ...

the Q camera tho it shows up in the app/web prgm, has nothing to do with the base...

So go back and set up the Arlo wireless  cameras back to the base and leave it alone

The Q links only to your home wifi router ...

reset the Q camera by holding in the reset button till the front led flashes, about 10 secs.

now open the prgm/ app and use ADD Device , picking the Q camera.

follow the steps , when it asks for info, you need the SSID( name of yr wifi) and the password that you use to sign into your home wifi...

youll get the bar QR code, and scan that ...it should come online shortly after

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
silanah
Apprentice
Apprentice

If the process outlined by TomMac still doesn't allow syncing the Q with your home router, log in to your router's administration and check your security / access permissions.  I have my router set up with 'whitelist' access so until I added the MAC address for the Q camera to the whitelist (allowed) devices, it would not sync.

JeffPelcz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I was able to get the Arlo Q to sync.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear ...share what you did to fix for others

Morse is faster than texting!