Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change Arlo Q livestream sound default to off?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cnjmorris
Tutor
Tutor

Every time I disconnect (which is frequent due to poor camera design) I reconnect to sound enabled. How can I monitor the cameras 24/7 and only turn on sound when I want it? I'm ready to return these cameras and get dedicated in home DVR storage but I really want to love these cameras. They have great theoretic features.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cnjmorris wrote:

Every time I disconnect (which is frequent due to poor camera design) I reconnect to sound enabled. How can I monitor the cameras 24/7 and only turn on sound when I want it? I'm ready to return these cameras and get dedicated in home DVR storage but I really want to love these cameras. They have great theoretic features.

After you turn OFF the sound, it should remain OFF......SETTINGS>AUDIO> toggle off mic and or speaker.

If it is failing to remain off, then you may have to reset the Q camera ( hold reset for ten seconds till the front led flashes, then resync )

As to monitor for 24/7 , the Q cam does turn off after a couple hours and there is not much you can do about this ( TMK )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cnjmorris wrote:

After you turn OFF the sound, it should remain OFF......SETTINGS>AUDIO> toggle off mic and or speaker.

If it is failing to remain off, then you may have to reset the Q camera ( hold reset for ten seconds till the front led flashes, then resync )

As to monitor for 24/7 , the Q cam does turn off after a couple hours and there is not much you can do about this ( TMK )

Morse is faster than texting!
cnjmorris
Tutor
Tutor

So, I've returned the cameras because of their choice in "features" that we have no control over.

I didn't want the sound off.. I wanted the UI to remember my choice to mute the camera until I click the sound icon on the live feed. If I turn off the camera mic as you suggested then recordings have no sound. I just didn't want to check on the camera and have loud sound come through my phone/laptop. The last camera I had for 18 months (discontinued) allowed me to mute the camera in the app and toggle it while I was watching live stream .. and it remembered my chocie when I came back even if I logged out. Sad that Netgear has been around so much longer and still missing features like that. 

No worries, I've got a DVR system on the way that doesn't rely on cloud storage. so disconnects won't be as frequent. 

Thanks for the input.