Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stefan_ez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I cannot setup the new Arlo Q with my FRITZ!Box router.

my settings WPA2

Stealth mode: disabled

SMTP filter: disabled

NetBIOS enabled

Teredo enabled

I follow the setup instructions and it seems OK up until the QR scan code ( tone heard)

...and then "identify device" wait...(blue light flashing)

then message : " sorry we could not find your Arlo Q"

I have also tried with reset

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

running on DSL?

any special characters in your password??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stefan_ez
Aspirant
Aspirant

A) Yes FritzBox router is on DSL

When I log in to the router i can see the ArloQ in

"Known Wireless LAN Devices "

with IP address and MAC address

B) my wifi password has only letters and numbers but is very long ( more than 25 characters)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'da thunk that having an IP address noted in the router would be sufficient unless there's something in the router setup blocking it. Have you tried rebooting the router? Sometimes that clears things up. It may also be useful to try both a browser as well as the app to see if one works.

Stefan_ez
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for replies.

I have now also tried in a web browser (Firefox) and I have restarted the Fritzbox router.

but I get the same problem:

"Discovery Failed    Sorry! We were unable to find your Arlo Q." while blinking/flashing blue

Strange because I can see the ArloQ in the router's wifi connected list:( 2,4 GHz / n / 20 MHz
WPA2, 2 x 2.  , MAC and IP.)

Could it be my other Arlo base station that is LAN connected with three  cameras that cause problem?

(Arlo Smart Home -  HD Security Camera kit NETGEAR (VMS3230-100EUS)

Stefan_ez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a special character in the home network name (minus U+002D) but not in the password

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, we don't have access to any list of (dis)allowed characters. Because of this, it would be useful to try a network that doesn't include a special character, maybe a guest WiFi if the router supports it. 

Also, if the router support a 5GHz connection, you could try that although the same special character issue would be the same.