Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - iPhone don't show up under enabled devices

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Adox
Tutor
Tutor

So I set my single Arlo Q camera up last week with my then phone - a OnePlus 3T. 

No problem, invited my wife’s phone, used my iPad with the app too and they all show up as enabled devices. 

Today I changed phones to an iPhone. Downloaded the app and all is up and running. However under Geofencing(which is what I have the Arlo set to) when I go into enabled devices to select and deselect the devices you want to use geofencing, everything shows up except my iPhone. 

Is there anyway to manually add it or am I doing something wrong? Also on the flip side is there anyway to delete a device from the list! I’m selling the OnePlus so don’t need it listed any more. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adox
Tutor
Tutor

I got this sorted. Seems it was the apostrophe in my iphones name that was causing the issue. Took it out of the name and bingo it’s showing now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adox
Tutor
Tutor

I got this sorted. Seems it was the apostrophe in my iphones name that was causing the issue. Took it out of the name and bingo it’s showing now. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ayce19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having a similar issue where attempting to configure geofencing would appear to work but didn't seem to be saving the configuration.  This fix worked for me - I changed my iPhone name to remove the apostrophe, logged out of the app and then logged back in, this time the geofenching saved and enabled just fine.  Thanks for the tip Adox, good troubleshooting!