Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
jaysa
Guide
Guide
I'm getting notifications but not getting the actual video until several hours later, if at all. Problem has been going on the last 2 days.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaysa
Guide
Guide
Problem solved. I had all of my cameras set to record for 5 seconds, which used to be allowed by Arlo, but it has changed back to the 10 second minimum. As soon as I put all cameras back at 10 seconds, the problem was solved.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would reboot the base using the Power Button....

Videos usu show up about 1-2 mins after the alert but it also depends ( time ) on the alert format. 

Pushes are sent on the trigger event or start... Emails are send at end of video recorded, so if your video is 1 min the email would be 1 min PLUS your provider time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jaysa
Guide
Guide
Thanks, but did not help. Still getting pushes immediately, videos and emails come several hours later, if at all. This problem just started 3 days ago. Cameras had been very good for over a year. Batteries are new.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different email as a second address...it may be and sounds like your provider not Arlo

Morse is faster than texting!
jaysa
Guide
Guide
Changed from Yahoo email to Gmail. Problem remains the same.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jaysa,

I have tested this and did not see any issues with receiving email alerts and library recordings. Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

jaysa
Guide
Guide
Yes.
jaysa
Guide
Guide
Original problem remains. New problem: camera zoom under video settings is now stuck in some type of searching mode, and batteries draining rapidly. Turned off all cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be worth the pain to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Verify that everrything works properly.  If not, what symptoms and error messages are seen as well as what the LEDs on the base show?

jaysa
Guide
Guide
Thanks jguerdat, I did everything you said. The zoom malfunctioning battery sucking thing is fixed. Original problem remains: I'm getting notifications immediately, but not getting the actual video until several hours later. I do think I'm getting all of my videos, but I get the video and email anywhere from 40 minutes to 5 hours after the fact. I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I'll just wait until a new update becomes available.
rbtaln
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too immediate notifications but no video. Been going on for about a week now. Very frustrating. Maybe a server problem??

steve_t
Master Master
Master

It could be a firmware issue.

If there's an immediate notification but no videos for several hours, I'd suggest opening a ticket with support and they may be able to help you 'live'

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jaysa, rbtaln

I have not been able to reproduce the delay you describe when testing this. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Onedwight
Initiate
Initiate
I am having this problem as well. Started about 2 days ago. Infact now I can not see live video, just keeps on processing until it says cameras offline. Any help would be appreciated as it is frustrating.
Onedwight
Initiate
Initiate
I rebooted the neatgear by unplugging the power and the network cable for a few seconds, and the cameras started working again.
TimTexas22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Im having the same issue with the video and email not being received until hours later.  Did you have the issue resolved? Thanks,

jaysa
Guide
Guide
Problem solved. I had all of my cameras set to record for 5 seconds, which used to be allowed by Arlo, but it has changed back to the 10 second minimum. As soon as I put all cameras back at 10 seconds, the problem was solved.