Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Customer18
Guide
Guide

Has anyone heard from their private or public contact with customer support whether the Arlo Q will be refreshed for 2018? I ask this because I have returned two separate Arlo Qs to Amazon after experiencing some of the issues documented within the Arlo Community. The Arlo Q seems to be an adequate device when it is functioning satisfactorily, but given that it appears to be entering its third year, I would like to see a refreshed product sometime this year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a peep on that subject.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a peep on that subject.

Morse is faster than texting!
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

I have bought at least 5 ArloQs and in my experience:

1) CVR is too glitchy and unreliable (despite having 1Gbps upload speed)

2) Camera quality eventially becomes jerky and unusable

3) No outdoor ability

I have just one in use at the moment, but otherwise, the others were thrown in the trash.

Customer18
Guide
Guide
I returned my Arlo Qs to Amazon, and I am presently hoping that a refresh will be in store this spring since the device is so old. However, I have read that Arlo is being offered as an IPO later this year with Netgear maintaining majority control, which suggest the Arlo team is at best going to be in transition for the foreseeable future and at worst is severely in need of money. Given that most investors will consider the spin off of Arlo into a separate business a mistake similar to that of FitBit and GoPro, I might be hoping in vain for an Arlo Q refresh. It is too bad because I do not want to subscribe to Nest Aware or purchase their also outdated indoor camera, and most importantly, the Arlo Q was a fantastic device and service when it actually remained connected.
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Interesting about Arlo going IPO.

IMO they have a great product albiet a few major glitches that need to be cleaned up. They need some leadership/capital.  This 'personal home security cameras' is a huge market waiting to see who will rise to the top and bust the others out.  Arlo could do this if they'd address the bleeding glitches.  Otherwise, I see Nest taking over.