Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do reconnect a camera if I am travelling? I tried to access my camera and it say its not connec

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ivan_A
Follower
Follower

I am travelling and I tried to access my camera from my tablet.  Its says Device Not Connected.  It was working yesterday now it wants me to synch the camera.  I can't as I am away from home.  How can I fix this problem.  The whole purpose for a camera was to monitor while away and now I am blind for at least 2 weeks if I cannot find a way to fix this.  Arlo Q is connected directly to router

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had an original Arlo 'not connected' while I was away too. When I got home, I found out that the batteries had drained and so a simple resync was never going to work. Have you got a friend or a neighbour that could try a reset by opening and closing the battery compartment for you? I was lucky that the area where I had my camera die was also covered by a second camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The OP says it's a Q camera so there's no battery. The issue may have occurred due to a power outage that caused something to be in a weird state.  Normally things will reconnect but...  Try both the app and a browser to see if there's a difference.

Not much you can do at the moment other than having someone power cycle the router and camera.  In the future, consider a WiFi switch such as WeMo so you can power cycle the camera remotely.  Won't help if the problem is the router or Internet but may be useful in this case.