Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rodrigo_Brazil
Aspirant
Aspirant

I´m from Brazil and during my USA trip I´ve purchased Arlo wire-free 2 cameras (not pro yet).
It´s was nice with 3..4 seconds delay until one of the cameras stopped working after 4 days.

So Super Target returned my money and I purchased ARLO PRO 2 with 4 wire-free cameras on Best Buy 20 days ago....

Just got home in Brazil and after everything installed, Arlo Pro 2 Cameras with nearly 60 seconds delay.... Is it possible???

All upgrades I got with Arlo Pro 2 such as Microphone, Speakers, Motion sensors.... are worthless with this Delay...

I´m using Google Wifi 3 points just like I was in the USA, my home network speed is 15mbps but Delays remains.....

How can I protect my family with 60 seconds DELAY??? I´m starting to regret and thinking I should have pick Arlo Wire-free instead of Arlo Pro 2.....

Awaiting reply from NetGear.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rodrigo_Brazil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Brian... I forgot the fact that Arlo Servers are probably in the US And I'm in Brazil now.. it can certainly cause some delay.

Thanks for you reply.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@Rodrigo_Brazil

Did you use the Original Wire Free HD cameras in the US or in Brazil? The Arlo base station communicates with its servers over the internet. If you tried those cameras in the US, you were connecting to their US servers. In Brazil I believe the new cameras are probably also connecting to Arlo's US servers and that might be causing the delay. (just a guess). I don't know if rlo has any servers in Brazil.

In the US, there should be much less of a delay with the Pro 2 cameras than with the original cameras. 

This is not an Arlo Support forum. You can contact them at the link at the green banner below that says Customer Support.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Rodrigo_Brazil

Still, just in case there is some sort of interference causing the delay, try moving the Arlo base as far away from the router as possible.

Brian

Rodrigo_Brazil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Brian... I forgot the fact that Arlo Servers are probably in the US And I'm in Brazil now.. it can certainly cause some delay.

Thanks for you reply.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use traceroute (tracert.exe in Windows) from a terminal window on a computer or a similar app on mobile to see what delay is caused. You need to try to interpret the server/router names to see where they are. Copy and paste the output here if you need help.  You're looking for double digits for speed - triple digits add up quickly.

Use a command like this:

tracert arlo.netgear.com