Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT, SmartThings, and Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AMacGyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

TL;DR:  IFTTT recipe to turn SmartThings light on if motion on Arlo Q keeps turning off in IFTTT.

All,

I have Arlo Q, SmartThings V2 hub, and an IFTTT account.  I have a recipe in IFTTT set that if Arlo Q detects motion, then SmartThings turns on coach lights.  This recipe has been running for over a year without issue but the last several months has had constant issues where the recipe is shut off and an email send with the text below.  I have tried deleting and recreating the recipe and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting Arlo in IFTTT.  I know I can hook Arlo directly into SmartThings but I have an Arlo Pro account logged in for the office and you cannot have two accounts connected to SmartThings so I have to use IFTTT for my home account cameras.  Thank you for any help or suggestions on how to get IFTTT working and stay working or a second Arlo account logged into SmartThings. 

• Hi X,
    Your Applet ID ##########x has been turned off. The Applet may need to be updated or the services it uses may need to be reconnected. For more information, view your Applet's logs. 
    Description
    If Arlo Detects Motion, then Switch on Light Flood 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AMacGyver,

Does the recipe work intermittently or is it always off? Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

AMacGyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

The applet turns off from within 8 hours to a few days, but they are consistently turning themselves off until manually turned back on.  Lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

AMacGyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

... Also when turning back on, I have "tested" them using the applet test function and the system reports back all is well...  Now what I haven't done is turn it on and go outside and see if motion will in fact trigger the recipe before it shuts itself off.