Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mic can't connect on T-mobile LTE

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Thomsonpro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a new Arlo Q and the microphone works.fine when I'm,on a wifi connection (even away from home) but will not connect when on T-mobiles LTE network. I have updated the app and the firmware but it still doesn't work. I did a.search and nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would put in a trouble report to Netgear Support;  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Thomsonpro
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did and customer service said their techs are working on it but there's no time table for it to be fixed. It's disseminating after buying it.
malcolmb
Tutor
Tutor

So I've been having this issue for awhile and it's been super frustrating because one of the main reasons I got Arlo was two-way communication with my dog if he does something he's not supposed to, like get on the counter... I followed all of the suggested remedies (uninstall, reinstall, power cycle phone, remove cameras, reinstall cameras, rest base station, factory reset phone, reinstall,...) Nothing worked. Turns out there is a solution, better, a work around. If you have a VPN that blocks IPv6 (I use Private Internet Access) the microphone will work over cellular. I believe (no expert here...) T-Mobile prefers IPv6 and it's not supported by the Arlo Pros (at least not for the two way audio), and P.I.A disables IPv6 to prevent "IPv6 leaks".

TL;DR

If you must have two-way communication, use Private Internet Access

Hope this helps.

LtCuzco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing this same issue, and opened a support ticket over a month and a half ago, with no result or resolution in sight. Has anyone found a resolution for this issue that does not require me to pay for a separate subscription or service? Thank you in advance.