Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model Q, solid purple light

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eileen12
Follower
Follower

The Geofencing stopped working for no reason so I deleted the camera after trying everything else I could think to do and now it refuses to reinstall.  The installation guide works, except I no longer see it in my list of cameras, I have a solid blue light, but nothing else.  No picture, no recognition, however it still detects sounds.  I've unplugged it many times and left it unplugged for an hour.  I have perfectly good internet and there is no distance issue because the camera is about 2 feet from my wifi.  I'm beginning to suspect the camera is failing because the Geofencing has told me several times there is no internet connection when I know full well there is.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd agree that it sounds like hardware. Open a case with support here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eileen12,

Try removing the camera and perform a manual factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button until the LED flashes amber and turns off. Allow the camera to come back online, log in to your account and select "Add Device". Choose Arlo Q and follow the on screen instructions. Test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC