Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
VA_guy
Follower
Follower

So I am running one Arlo Q on my livingroom and front door. I have it set on 1080 and auto set on the HZ, I always keep the software updates current. ALmost every time I get an alert for motion when my wife gets home from work the video will freeze on one frame for almost 10 seconds then be extremely "fuzzy" for another 10 seconds. I have continous recording as well, but these recording as still freeze framing on any motion. There is almost nothing else runnning on my internet at this time and I have a up to date router. Whats the point of the camera if it doesnt capture if someone were to enter my home?

3 REPLIES 3
Customer18
Guide
Guide
I cannot say that my experience was as acute as yours, but I noticed once that the Arlo Q appeared to have an issue with capturing motion when the object being detected (person) was close to the camera. I am not sure how close the object was within your viewpoint, but I noticed once the video seemed to freeze or stutter before becoming pixelated during the second half of the object passing through the viewpoint. This occurred when someone walked past approximately two to three feet in front of the wall-mounted camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VA_guy,

This could occur due to poor internet connection/speeds (who is your ISP and what is your download/upload?).

This could also be an interference issue between the camera and your router. How far is the camera from the router? Is there anything between the two that could be interfering with the connection?

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you getting a recording with a frozen frame for 10s or are you getting a motion alert and then opening the app to Live View what's going on?