Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo Q won’t detect motion at night

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
austinboston
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I bought it a few days ago, it works perfect during the day and it always records any movement at all. For some reason, at night it won’t detect anything. I did a test and I could see myself clear as day on the camera feed when it was dark out, but it didn’t detect a thing. I have the motion set to the max, and I cleared out the cloud storage and it still doesn’t detect me at all. 

Does it not work as well at night? It is an indoor Arlo q, we have it setup right outside the window as a driveway cam. It just doesn’t make sence to me because like I said it was picking up every single little movement during the day, and at night just absolutely nothing even though when I checked on the feed I could see myself moving around clear as day. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q is a pixel based detection type camera if you have enough external light at night it should easily pick you up as it will see changes in the picture 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
austinboston
Aspirant
Aspirant

If its pixel based shouldnt it be able to detect me at night still? When its on night vision, i checked and i stick out like a sore thumb on the camera. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

austinboston,

Are you using a schedule? Are you sure the camera is Armed during the night hours?

JamesC