Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night vision exposure issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tenler
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo Q positioned in such a way that one corner of the image shows the white surface it stands on.
When in night vision the white surface reflection is the only thing visible (everything else is black). How do I manually adjust or tell the Arlo to use center for exposure level?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tenler wrote:
I have Arlo Q positioned in such a way that one corner of the image shows the white surface it stands on.
When in night vision the white surface reflection is the only thing visible (everything else is black). How do I manually adjust or tell the Arlo to use center for exposure level?

pan and zoom will not solve your issue...

You must adjust the camera ( longer mount maybe ) so the IR does not reflect off the mount or walls.. there is no center weighted iris adjust.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be worth trying to set up a Pan & Zoom setting for the camera. I don't know if tht would solve the problem but it's worth a shot. Check Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings. Be sure to save your setting.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tenler wrote:

pan and zoom will not solve your issue...

You must adjust the camera ( longer mount maybe ) so the IR does not reflect off the mount or walls.. there is no center weighted iris adjust.

Morse is faster than texting!