Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to updating our phones to iOS 11.3 all functions including the push to talk feature through the camera’s speaker were working properly. I had updated my phone yesterday but had not tried the Arlo app until today. When my wife got home today we tried the app on her phone and the push to talk feature worked properly. We then updated her phone to 11.3 and tried the app afterwards. All the icons are present and we get the push button icon but it no longer functions to get any sound through the camera speaker. I used the chat function here to notify Netgear and I posted a review on the Apple App Store that the update causes a problem with this function. 

187 REPLIES 187
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, this issue is still reviewed by the engineers of Arlo. All ios devices are affected on this. Even my iPhone 5. So we just need to wait for an update coming from them. But they assured that once issue will be fixed they will inform us.

🙂

sherrylpeterson
Aspirant
Aspirant

DaveVilo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wailex
Tutor
Tutor
I like everything about the system but although the mics pick up sound the speakers do not seem to be compatible with iOS 11.3. The cameras and alarm works fine. Will Netgear please look into solving the problem ?
Nate3422
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently purchased the Arlo Pro Hd wireless. All 3 cameras are installed and working except for the voice talk. I have the option to hit the microphone and talk but no sound is coming out of the actual cameras. Any help would be appreciated.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

iOS microphone issue.......

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/apple-acknowledges-mic-issue-in-these-iphones-after-ios-11-3-up...

Although Apple only admits it affects iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, it probably affects 8 and X as well. Apple rarely admits a bug, and almost never on their current models.

This could be the source of the mic issue in the Arlo app. I don't know, just providing some info....

stephan01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has started to work a little after latest firmwere update.. Voice is a little garbaled and not very loud

JaredandMegan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this issue fixed? I just bought the product and mine doesnt seem to be working?

Justinsweeney
Tutor
Tutor

Not as yet, funny thing is that it works on one device and not the other. The same for my MACs.

crazyitalian
Guide
Guide
It’s 2AM, so haven’t fully tested. But iOS update appears to work on one of my Pro 2’s using iPhone running 11.4 beta.

This may be fixed.
brh
Master
Master

The push to talk feature on all my Pro cameras is finally working today on iPhone6, 6 Plus and iPad.

Brian

CJR81
Tutor
Tutor
YES! My Arlo Pro 2 cams PTT feature is finally working as well. I have an iPhone 8S Plus with 11.3.1 iOS. The only concerning thing here is that my phone didn’t update, so this was on Netgears side of things. Why the heck did it take this long for a fix? The lack of communication from them is completely ridiculous and unprofessional. Glad it’s fixed though, but what’s next?
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary
Yes there was an Arlo app update yesterday. 2.5.0. Push to talk is now working on mine as well. I hope 11.4 doesn’t screw this up.
rotary74
Tutor
Tutor

I just updated the firmware for the APP which is v2.5.0 and I still don't have PTT. I still get one-way audio meaning I can hear over the camera with LIVE view. Every time I activate the MIC on the app the audio goes dead. I am going on 2 1/2mos and always keep getting the same BS answer "We are looking into it". I am running iOS 11.3.1 on iPhone SE and 7plus. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the push to talk is now working!!  Awesome!  But I still have one problem.  I can't hear any response back unless I put the phone to my ear.  I'm not sure if this is normal operation.  Here is what I do:

- push the "live" botton on my phone for the camera I want to talk to

- I can hear everything outside now (birds, cars, etc...,) through the phone speaker (volume is set to max)

- I push the mic icon from the available options at the bottom of the display

- a big green mic icon appears but now I cannot hear outside sound unless I put the phone to my ear

- I press the the big green icon and the person outside by the camera can hear what I'm saying.

- I release the mic icon to hear their response but the only way I can hear what they're say is to put the phone to my ear

I've checked all my sound settings on my phone and they are all at max.

Is this normal?

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Bill716 wrote:

Yes, the push to talk is now working!!  Awesome!  But I still have one problem.  I can't hear any response back unless I put the phone to my ear.  I'm not sure if this is normal operation.  Here is what I do:

- push the "live" botton on my phone for the camera I want to talk to

- I can hear everything outside now (birds, cars, etc...,) through the phone speaker (volume is set to max)

- I push the mic icon from the available options at the bottom of the display

- a big green mic icon appears but now I cannot hear outside sound unless I put the phone to my ear

- I press the the big green icon and the person outside by the camera can hear what I'm saying.

- I release the mic icon to hear their response but the only way I can hear what they're say is to put the phone to my ear

I've checked all my sound settings on my phone and they are all at max.

Is this normal?

I have the same issue on my iPhone X 11.3.1. I can hear everything until I push the mic button. My voice is now heard on the speaker, but nothing is heard on my phone after i release the mic button. Turns from purple to green. Batteries are fully charged. Well, barely if i hold it to my ear. $24 wyze cameras work better. This is crazy. I am going to removing the cameras in settings and setup again to see if that does anything. 

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

I have the same issue on my iPhone X 11.3.1. I can hear everything until I push the mic button. My voice is now heard on the speaker, but nothing is heard on my phone after i release the mic button. Turns from purple to green. Batteries are fully charged. Well, barely if i hold it to my ear. $24 wyze cameras work better. This is crazy. I am going to removing the cameras in settings and setup again to see if that does anything. 

adraper12
Star
Star
Yes now when I hit the mic to talk I can but I have to X out of the mic to hear anything. I should be able to hear afte I release the mic from speaking. Not X out of it
Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

It looks like the "push to talk" feature is fixed now (meaning you can talk to someone through the camera) but the volume on the response back is broken.  I say volume because you can still hear (barely) if you put the phone to your ear.  This is only in "mic" mode.  When you're in just "live" mode, the sound/volume is fine coming from the camera.

Love2shopchic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as everyone else here. We can hear the live taping/noises through the apps on our phone but we can no longer talk through the microphone. We are extremely upset with this because it’s been awhile and we are paying for things that aren’t working! This was our method of talking to our kids when we’re not home and now we can’t do this. Extremely frustrating!!!
wchoon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am thrilled to see there is an update of Arlo apps on May 14. However , I am disappointed once again after installing it, I still cannot use my Iphone X to communicate with the Arlo Q remotely.

Wayne
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

@Bill716 wrote:

It looks like the "push to talk" feature is fixed now (meaning you can talk to someone through the camera) but the volume on the response back is broken.  I say volume because you can still hear (barely) if you put the phone to your ear.  This is only in "mic" mode.  When you're in just "live" mode, the sound/volume is fine coming from the camera.

I just tried mine after reading these posts. The sound from the camera comes back after releasing the green talk button. There was a hesitation for a second but it did come back normally at the same volume as before. For those running into a problem with the audio coming back after using push to talk try force quitting the app and then relaunch. It may also be worth deleting the app and re-installing it. For a second I thought I was going to have an issue but the sound corrected itself so it is all working properly on my app. 

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, no such luck for me.  As soon as I go into live mode and then select the mic icon from the available icons, it displays the larger mic icon and the sound goes very quiet.  I tried force quiting the app and uninstall/reinstiall and that didn't work for me.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

I take back what I said. It does work on my iPad but not on my phone. I have to use the X to get the audio back after using PTT. On my iPad I did not. So there still is an issue that may vary between devices.