Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recordings are disappearing from Library

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star
Did the 1 week video save function change? My videos are gone without me deleting them. No one has access to my account but me and I am upset to see that previous videos earlier in May are gone. Is there a known issue of videos being unavailable or disappearing on themselves? I can only see videos in my library from yesterday and there's only about 7 which wouldn't be enough to cause the others to erase from storage. My only assumption is that Netgear might have changed the ability for users to store up to 7 days of recordings in their library. That or a server issue. Can anyone confirm this? And is there a way I can get my vids back by calling customer service or opening a ticket?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

See here: Arlo Outage

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2:30 AM Pacific time in their library.   The ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and the camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cherry-pie
Star
Star

cherry-pie
Star
Star
Okay wth, I opened the app to see that the recordings from yesterday are now gone. Some one from Netgear please get back to me and tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it and get my recordings back.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CP...

The storage time has not changed... the Basic ( free ) level is 7 days of rolling storage.  On day #8, day #1 is auto deleted, day #9, day#2 is deleted, etc.

If you are on Basic level, they you would only see back 7 days or to the 2nd of the month. ( there is no storage amount limit at all )

If other videos are gone from the past 7 days, there was a couple of server issues I do know of, not sure if thats your reason.

Have you tried it on another device like a PC ?

Only other thing is just in case, i always recommend users change their passwords if there is any question of access.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
tarab
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Video Library is gone!?!?

The whole library, all 7 previous days!

Poof Gone!!

I deleted and re-downloaded the ap and I checked the library from my computer.

It has started recording again today, but the previous 7 days are all gone!

tambeo
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac,

Please see other new threats with cloud recording. That is server issue. All users affected not only this single user.

tarab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You!

I tried searching for a post regarding the issue, but was having trouble finding something!

grifgl00
Initiate
Initiate

I have noticed the same problem this morning.  Only today's recordings are in my library.  Everything from yesterday and before are gone.  I would also like to know the reason and solution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

See here: Arlo Outage

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2:30 AM Pacific time in their library.   The ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and the camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team