Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jsciavicco
Follower
Follower

I was thinking of taking 1 of our Arlo Q cameras on vacation with us. We are staying in a condo for 2 weeks and thought it could help with the kids and our newborn if we wanted to go on the back patio at night. Could I just bring the Q and connect it to WFI and it works? Would it show up with teh rest of our cameras from back home?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.. the Q camera can be located at a second address ... As long as you have wifi access and the password to get to the router the Q should sync to the new wifi fine ( like you did when new ).  It would still show up on you primary account as normal

People don't seem to realize that there is no limit to bases and/or locations on any account, just the limit on the number of cameras based on your servcie level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TrulsZK
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, the camera would work as normal but I see a potential issue.
Not sure if you are able to connect to a Wi-Fi network that opens a web browser where you have to login e.g. Agree to terms, Enter room number / name, before you are let online.
If you want to use geofencing you have to change its location to the new address.
The same applies to activity zones, you have to re-configure them for the new environment.