Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Arlo Q goes through setup ok with the chime but does not discover the device.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Capitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Q goes through setup ok with the chime but does not discover the device. In meantime the LED turns solid blue.  But my Samsung phone continies to show Arlo trying to connect to my device.

Thanks for help.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exit setup and see if the camera shows up in the Devices tab. I've had issues with the discovery phase only to have it eventually show up.

Capitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what or where is the Devises tab ??

Capitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does not show up in the Arlo menu under Devices . The menu says "Add Device".

When I plug in the camera the light is steady amber then changes to purple then to steady blue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the same WiFi band on your phone as what you're trying to connect the camera to?  That is, are both connecting to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands? It's possible that's a part of the issue. Also, are there any non-alphanumeric characters in either your SSID or passphrase? Your WiFi must use WPA2 in addition.

Even so, try resetting the camera by pressing the reset button until the camera LED flashes amber. Let it boot and try again.

Capitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your last suggestion worked !

Thanks for your help. This was a test at home. I need to take the camera to my boat and set it up there. There is, of course, a different WIFI system there. Do you have any suggestions for the setup at this different location?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the new WiFi connection, use Settings, My Devices, your camera, WiFi Network and follow the bouncing ball to connect to the new network.