Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Murjen
Follower
Follower

I live seasonally in Florida and purchased two Arlo Q cameras, however one of them somehow became disconnected from the power plug and I cannot reboot it remotely even though a neighbor has now plugged it back in, and live 20 hours from the location.  I am also wondering what will happen if and when the power is lost due to a thunderstorm. Is there anything I can do remotely to reboot the cameras, and if not, are there any suggestions as to what I should do or purchase going forward so I can enjoy uninterrupted access to the cameras?  Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For remote locations, many use a UPS for the Arlo bases.... usu the Q cameras do come back automaticaly.

As to the power plug falling out, I would put a dab of silicon sealent on the plug once placed tightly in to prevent it happening again.

The Q cameras if online can be started remotely...  In this case somehow it may be the Q lost your wifi info to re-hook.

For remote rebooting , there are Wemo power outlets that plug into the wall and you divice goes into it ..they are controlled via wifi.  But with power failure, your still out of luck

belkin-be-F7C027-01.jpg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------