Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
rjth
Guide
Guide

I have two Arlo Q and one Arlo Pro camera.  Only one camera (Arlo Q) will do a live view but all three will record motion/sound trigger events during the same time period that live view is unavailable.

When using the app or website to live view the camera, the error message on the Arlo Q reads:

"Your device is not connected.  Makre suire it is connected to you reouter and has a working internet connection."

The error message on the Arlo Pro reads:

"Your device appears offline.  Please make sure it is powered and connected to the internet.

The error message on the Arlo Pro base station reads:

"Base station offline".

These messages seem to contradict the fact that I am getting recorded motion or audio triggered events.  How can I get these recordings if the device is not connected or powered on.  How can the Arlo Pro camera send notifictations of recorded activity but not have a connection to the base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was an issue yesterday that should now be fixed.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Beuther
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having a similar problem. Right now, three of my five Arlo Q cameras are shown as “disconnected” and two are shown as “connected.” I am getting motion alerts from one of the “disconnected” cameras. I have done everything I can think of to solve the problem, and nothing works. This began last night after I installed iOS 11.0 on my iPhone and iPad.

rjth
Guide
Guide

I have tried live viewing on an iPad as well as a Windows desktop computer using Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Both methods and browsers report the same error message.  Some thing tells me my husband who uses an app on his Android cell phone is not having this problem.  I'll know later today if he had this problem.

Beuther
Tutor
Tutor

What is happening with my five Arlo Q cameras is very strange. The cameras that show as connected and not connected change at random, without my doing anything. And none of their purple lights, which indicate no connection, are lit.

adamfox
Tutor
Tutor

Having the exact same issue with my Arlo Q. Tried rebooting and reconfiguring the wifi to no resolve. Seems like this may be an issue on Netgears end.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open cases with support.

Douwe
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. Camera disconnected today and I cannot reconnect. Must be a problem at Netgear.

DUG1138
Initiate
Initiate

Same here (Q Plus) upgraded devices to iOS 11 recently too. I wonder if that has something to do with this?

Douwe
Guide
Guide

I have not done any upgrading and the problem just showed up out of the blue.

67GTONUT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.....  disconnected Camera ..... now I cannot reconnect it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was an issue yesterday that should now be fixed.

Beuther
Tutor
Tutor

Beuther
Tutor
Tutor

Correction: All is okay now. All cameras are online.

Douwe
Guide
Guide

Confirmed, I am back up and running.

ronanh2002
Star
Star

No it is not an issue of the new IOS 11. We have had the same problem for several months, and this is a recurring issue.