Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

monitoring from Carnival Cruise

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sinbad51
Follower
Follower

We have the Arlo Q and are headed on a Christmas cruise.  Which internet package from Carnival do we need to purchase in order see Arlo here at home?  I am thinking the middle package, "Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music/video streaming (such as Spotify or Netflix).".  The highest package, "From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.".  Has anyone been on a Carnival cruise that can give us some guidance?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I've done it a few times on NCL... they don't have speed packages but data packages ( not fast enough for Skype either )

I've always picked the 300Mb deal as it enough for me ( just some emails and arlo )...have had no issue with the pushes for Arlo and viewing when needed ( arlo and Arlo pros )

Good luck, let us know how it comes out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Boadicea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Sinbad,

I'm inquiring about your Christmas cruise on Carnival.  We will be going on a Western Carribean cruise on Carnival next month (February).  What data plan did you get and did the Arlo App work?

Thanks!