Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arno Security Light - mode edit not available, says getting info perpetually

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
erudin
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Security Light with Bridge is installed and working. I can turn it on and off, change colours etc, though when i use the app to go to customise the settings for the light on the "mode" tab for my devices, by the Light all I see is "getting information" in grey and nothing happens. The same is true of the spinning logo when i use the website instead. I have tried restarting several times but the problem persists. I set it up almost a week ago and there's been no change to date, so I'm assuming its not a netgear server issue. I have two of the arlo cameras setup too and they work fine, although the app is glitchy at times. Any solution would be appreciated. 

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

erudin,

Have you tried unplugging the bridge from the wall outlet, plugging back in, allowing the bridge to come back online and then trying again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Tom12345
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem. Is there a fix to this? Would’ve thought these glitches would’ve been ironed out before releasing the product. I’ve tried unplugging it as mentioned but the same thing just happens.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tom12345,

Which client are you using (iOS, Android, or PC)? Do you see any difference in behavior when using a different client?

JamesC

Chris_D13
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC

I have the same issues! Lights work, but if I go to mode, “getting information”. I’ve even tried via a laptop( normally on iPhone).

Means I can’t link lights to cameras etc
Very frustrating!!
erudin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this was one of the first things I tried, to no avail. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

erudin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using an IPhone X with IOS, tried my laptop also which is also IOS, and tried my work PC which is and Apple but bootcamped to PC running Safari and Chrome and MS Edge...still no dice! Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

E

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

At this point, let's try removing the bridge and going through setup again (as if the device was new).

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your bridge > remove device.

Then try the claiming process again.

If you have trouble claiming, try a factory reset:

-Unplug your bridge and then plug it back into a wall outlet.
-Wait until the LED changes to solid purple, then press and hold the Sync button.
-Continue holding the Sync button until the LED changes to solid amber, about 15 seconds, then release the Sync button.
-Wait until the LED changes to blinking amber, about 90 seconds.
-Your bridge is now reset to factory default settings.

JamesC

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

I'm experiencing the same issue.  When trying to get to a mode on the light bridge, my pc connection times out.  On my Android app, I don't have the bridge as a device for modes.

My Light bridge works fine from devices but not from modes.  Have tried unplug, replug.  Did Factory reset and still nothing. 

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

These security lights are not ready for prime time. 

After replacing the bridge, rediscovering the new bridge and pairing it with the Arlo Smart app on my android phone, the bridge didn't show up in modes on the app on my phone.  So I followed the community suggestions to reclaim the bridge so it showed up in MODE.  I factory reset the new bridge (after the firmware update) so I could reclaim the bridge and set up a cross trigger for the lights and cameras.

Now I'm back to where I was on my original bridge, after the firmware update and a factory reset the bridge will NOT discover in the application.  I've followed all the directions, done the factory reset multiple times and it still won't discover. Arlo has been very good at trying to help with this problem.  It's seems that the firmware update that happens after the bridge is discovered the first time bricks the bridge if you do a factory reset afterwards.  Extremely frustrating that the software and hardware does not respond as documented!

I'm getting close to returning the lights until this product matures and has better QC and use case testing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyk1000,

What you're experiencing isn't normal behavior when going through the bridge installation process. Given you've experienced this a couple times already with different devices, it seems like this is a very unique issue.

I understand this is frustrating and definitely apologize for the poor initial experience. I will reach out to you in a private message to coordinate next steps in resolving the issue.

Thank you for your patience,

JamesC

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

I believe I figured out the issue with discovering my bridge.  I did not have the light near my bridge while I was trying resetting the bridge and re-pairing it with Arlo Smart app.

Here's what I needed to do to get the bridge to pair after a factory reset. One point, before you start this process, go to your my Arlo webpage (and the app) to make sure you've deleted the bridge from your devices.

JamesC's instructions at the beginning of the forum are very good. I added a couple of items that I found helped me with pairing the bridge to the App.  

1) Turn off mobile data (dunno why this is important if your phone is using Wi-Fi)

2) Put the Android phone on same Wi-Fi network as the bridge.  It HAS to be a 2.4Ghz network.

3) Turn on bluetooth on your phone.

4) Get your light and keep it close to the bridge.  Not sure why this is important, but having the light close solved the problem with my bridge not pairing with the app.  

5) Plug in your bridge as close as possible to your Wi-Fi Router.  Mine wouldn't pair if it was farther than 10 feet - even in the same room and my router signal is at max!

6) Take a deep breath and inhale some patience...

7) plug in your bridge and follow the instructions on your Arlo Smart App (after scanning the Q-code)

Hope this helps.  Rediscovering the light also made it available in MODE.  Now I have cross triggers set up.

Disclaimer:  This is my second bridge.  The first one appeared to brick after the firmware update.

PS; @JamesC, Thanks for all your support.  Now that my light functions as advertised, I'll be buying a couple more!

garyk1000
Tutor
Tutor

Some words of encouragement.

I had this problem also on my Android app.  And with my computer using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I could see the Bridge on my computer browser but not on my Android app.  When trying a mode edit from my computer, it would timeout on getting info...annoying and frustrating.

I finally deleted the light from my arlo app and the web app, then did a factory reset of the bridge.  That led to a whole other set of issues that I finally sorted out.

For me, the factory reset worked.  Once I factory reset the bridge, paired the light with the bridge, the bridge showed up in MODE on my App and web interface.  Then I could edit the Bridge/Light and set up cross triggers.

I followed JamesC's instructions, with a couple of extra points that I noted in a previous post.

Good Luck and have patience...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garyk1000,

Thanks for letting us know the steps and again I apologize for the trouble. The development team is continuing to investigate the cause of the issues you experienced.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you experience any further issues.

JamesC

OSU1994
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem as mentioned in this thread, 2 days in and still can’t get it to work, leaning toward returning it.  As others mentioned, why is this not a spotlight cam like the Ring?  And why a second bridge?  Little more money, but Ring Spotlight Cam seems more practical than trying to mount this beside the Arlo Pro mounted above my garage.  I’m guessing that is also why these lights are currently deeply discounted at Best Buy.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation