Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does ARLO Security Light count towards the camera limit of 5 cams on Basic account

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Solav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does ARLO Security Light count towards the camera limit of 5 cams on BASIC account.

Br,

Solav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Security Light requires no service fees and does not count toward your Arlo account camera limit. For example, if you have 5 cameras and you are subscribed to the free basic plan, you will not be required to upgrade your subscription plan to add and use an Arlo Security Light.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tabmax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone, 

I have 15 cameras (the max) hooked up to my account. Can I still add the Arlo security lights? Or will I need another account with a base station. 

brh
Master
Master

@Solav

The Security Light does not use the base station, nor does it record video to be saved in the cloud, so the answer should be No, it does not.

Brian

Solav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

I agree it shouldn't, but the limit is not tied to the use of the base station, but more number of units on an account (ie Arlo Q counts against the limit).

Has this been communicated officially from Netgear?

Br,

Solav

brh
Master
Master

@Solav

Good point, but the Arlo Q is still a camera and records video to the cloud. So far we know very little about the security light and no, there is no official word that I know of on whether or not it will be counted as a camera or not.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Security Light requires no service fees and does not count toward your Arlo account camera limit. For example, if you have 5 cameras and you are subscribed to the free basic plan, you will not be required to upgrade your subscription plan to add and use an Arlo Security Light.

JamesC

Krukdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to know if these lights count against the amount of cameras you can have connected to your Arlo Base Station?

I have 5 cameras now and if I link anymore I'll have to upgrade my subscription.

Can I add these lights without upgrading my subscription?

Thanks...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, no they don't count.... but do trigger the cameras well too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation