Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can’t set up the Arlo light bridge.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Frankie53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just receive my Arlo security light (Québec, Canada) but I can’t set up bridge. Sync led still solid purple. I tried scan QR code with IPad, IPhone and Android without  success. I tried to reset the bridge several times but still the same problème. I already have two Arlo Pro cameras connect and they work perfectly. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a factory reset...see below

If you weren’t able to set up your Arlo Bridge, try the following:

• Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
  • Make sure that your Arlo Bridge is connected to your router. If your Arlo Bridge’s LED is blinking amber, try the following:
    • Move your Arlo Bridge closer to your router.
    • Try to minimize the number of walls between your router and the Arlo Bridge. Thick or insulated walls can reduce the range.
    • Make sure that your router’s 2.4 GHz WiFi band is enabled. Your Arlo Bridge cannot connect to a 5 GHz network.
    • Make sure that your router’s SSID is broadcasting (not hidden).
    • Make sure that your router’s security protocol is set to WPA2. WEP and WPA are not supported.
    • If you have MAC address filtering enabled, make sure that the Arlo Bridge’s MAC address is whitelisted. You can find your Arlo Bridge's MAC address on label of the box that your Arlo Security Light system or add-on Arlo Bridge came in.
  • Make sure that your Arlo Bridge and your mobile device are connected to the same WiFi network.
  • Make sure that your Arlo Bridge isn’t plugged into a power source that’s on the floor. For example, if your Arlo Bridge is plugged into a power strip that’s on the floor, move it to a higher wall outlet.

• Perform a factory reset and try the setup process again:
    1. Unplug your bridge and then plug it back into a wall outlet.
    2. Wait until the LED changes to solid purple, about 20 seconds, then press and hold the Sync button.
    3. Continue holding the Sync button until the LED changes to solid amber, about 15 seconds, then release the Sync button.
    4. Wait until the LED changes to blinking amber, about 90 seconds.
      Your bridge is now reset to factory default settings.
    5. Try the setup process again.
      For more information, see How do I set up my Arlo Security Light system?.
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Frankie53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that 20 Times whitout success. The Arlo station do not detect the bridge.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frankie53,

The bridge doesn't connect to the Arlo base station. Take a look at this video and be sure you're following the steps mentioned: How to Set Up the Arlo Security Light System

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Frankie53 wrote:

I tried scan QR code with IPad, IPhone and Android without  success.

What does that mean? Where do things go wrong?

Can you actually scan the barcode on the bridge?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Impbest
Aspirant
Aspirant
You need to check your WiFi is 2.4GHz and the same WiFi network as your phone when bridge searches for WiFi network. Also make sure not too many devices are on the same network, things like smart switches, Wemo appliances etc. Try turning these off first and then try connnecting bridge to router.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation