Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 3 Light Bridges set up but the third one doesnt appear in the App.

The Light it is connected to does appear in the app under the other two lights that are connected t otwo different Light Bridges.

There is a help article that mentions being able to add a second Bridge but says nothing about three or more Bridges.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baldness,

What client are you using that is behaving this way (iOS, Android, Web)? Do you see any different behavior if you log in using a different client?

JamesC

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Android and the web.

Both the same behaviour.

I understand why you might ask becasue I get not connected on one of my pro 2 cameras on the web but it is watchable on android.

Obviously wit hthe light bridge .. you get a red triangle if the bridge is disconnected...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baldness,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this topic.

JamesC

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks..

I have manged to get the third Bridge appearing in the App.

I haven't attempted to pair a light to it becasue I now have two lights paired with one of the other Bridges and another single light paired with my second Bridge...

I wil have a go later to pair a light to the Third Bridge and see if the problem has sorted itself out.s

I noticed a light getting a firmware update earlier today ... which may or may not be relevant.

As a side, for me  there are certainly some issues with the Bridges and lights sorting themselves out after initial installation/setup.

Sometimes there are delays eg turning a light on manually fails or motion detection doesnt work etc ... however atm they are all working so...

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Can't say positive since your in UK, but I have 3 Bridges now and work great, reinstall to new Bridge is cake, just Add Device, click New Bridge, QR image, reinstall Batt and do the Synce Button, Rename. Other one will disappear on old Bridge. 

I am playing with the Rules and think now that it will give me more different "One Click" Cam/Light set ups. Being able to have 4 different Arming Rules/Combinations, One on Base and one on each Bridge.

There are a few bugs but Arlo Team is getting them under control. I'm having a blast watching Bob Cats and Javalina going thru Yard at night

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sure...I wouldnt have bought these lights or added new cameras if this stuff was a complete fork up and there wasnt ongoing development and bug fixing etc.

There are more than a few bugs though...and there is a lack of information on many things.  

Support is patchy.

Is there a way to have a pro camera trigger a secirity llight and for that trigger to be configuarable  .. eg   if camera detects motion   turn light x on and wit ha flashing blue and red light ?

You dont want light x to be flashing blue and red when it is triggered by its own motion but you do want it to do so if your caMERA  setects motion ...eg   camera is inside the house and you want flashing security lightsd if someone breaks in and triggers the motion detection on the camera.  You dont want the default on the light to be flaahing blue/red becasue it serves as an entry light/night light on your drive ..?

i could find an option on Base Station to trigger the light but not have a different colour/light state than the light ordinarily has...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation