Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Security Light - Smart, Wire-Free Lighting Solution - Spring 2018

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Security Light - Coming Spring 2018:Arlo Security Light - Coming Spring 2018:

Coming Spring 2018- 

Arlo® Outdoor Smart Home Security Light is a 100% wire-free, smart-controlled, and weather-resistant LED light that helps improve outdoor safety by alerting you when something’s happening around your home.

With the Arlo Security Light, you can light up your front porch, driveway, deck, backyard, and other outdoor areas around your home with customizable lights. Position the Arlo Security Light virtually anywhere with the easily adjustable mounts. Powered by removable rechargeable batteries or an optional solar panel.

The Arlo Security Light will automatically turn on whenever motion is detected, but motion sensitivity can be easily adjusted for different areas to fit specific security needs. When out of town, it is simple to schedule the Modes for your Arlo Security Light to turn on when sensing motion to discourage would-be burglars and give the illusion that someone is at home. Setting up a schedule can also be done remotely through the free Arlo app.

We would love to answer your questions or comments about the Arlo Security Light. Visit our new Arlo Security Light forum or reply to this post and give us your feedback.

See the Arlo Security Light product announcement page.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
13 REPLIES 13
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Does this use the Arlo Go Battery or is it a new design?  PLEASE PLEASE make this compatible with the solar panel......

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's noted as having an optional solar panel, which I'd assume is the same one as for the cameras.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

thanks, keeping fingers crossed.

I just saw the twitter release, really did not have any specs listed on the AD

abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Wish it had the same magnetic back on it as the cameras. I hate that it looks like it has to use that big honkin' mount. I like the nearly-flush magnetic mount.

Also, will it be compatible with Arlo Pro 1, or just the newer one (is it called 2?).

Love the idea, though, and am very interested, as I currently have a many Mr.Beams motion lights on the property. The Mr. Beams motion lights are "supposed" to work (see all the bad Amazon reviews) with a remote but don't - (so you can deactivate motion when you want to be outside without setting off all the lights).

Looking forward to these!

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

abgalassi wrote:

Wish it had the same magnetic back on it as the cameras. I hate that it looks like it has to use that big honkin' mount. I like the nearly-flush magnetic mount.

Also, will it be compatible with Arlo Pro 1, or just the newer one (is it called 2?).

Love the idea, though, and am very interested, as I currently have a many Mr.Beams motion lights on the property. The Mr. Beams motion lights are "supposed" to work (see all the bad Amazon reviews) with a remote but don't - (so you can deactivate motion when you want to be outside without setting off all the lights).

Looking forward to these!

Thanks for the feedback on the mount. Generally speaking, for outdoor use, it's favorable to use the screw mounts for security from the elements and varmints!

The Lights live in the Arlo ecosystem, so will work with any Arlo camera, in fact, you don't even need any cameras if you just want lights that activate and send you an alert to your phone.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
KarenBaker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I liked the post!!

Great Lighting Solution.

dotonthewall
Initiate
Initiate

I was wondering if the new Arlo Security Light will have: a Siren and 2 way communication.  It seems like if you don't include these 2 things, then it is not complete, and one would have to also have a Arlo Pro 2 in addtion to the light. This would be very inconvient, if one has to have 2 separate units.  Why not combine all them into 1 product? 

Brianly123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey!

I have the same question about the batteries.

I have Arlo pro and Arlo Pro 2 (a mix) cameras.

Are the batteries in the lights the same as the cameras or a different design?

Very convenbient if they are the same...

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Will adding one of these count against the 5 camera limit of the free the basic plan?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We're told, no.

matador86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Automate your Arlo light for when you are at home, work, or on vacation, ShowBox Mobdro Vidmate Deter would-be burglars that may be looking for an empty home. Just use the Arlo app to create a light schedule or manually control your lights from anywhere.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brianly123 wrote:

Are the batteries in the lights the same as the cameras or a different design?

Very convenbient if they are the same...

Yes, same batteries as the Pro/Pro2

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Brianly123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes thank you. I figured that out when I recieved my lights.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation