Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RESOLVED - Arlo Service Down - Temporarily Unable to Login

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

Thank you.

-The Arlo Team

>
>Dear Arlo customer,
>We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.
>We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
>Stay tuned!
>Best regards,
>The Arlo Team
>arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello,

This issue is now resolved.

All systems are up and more information is coming soon.

Thank you for your patience.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

333 REPLIES 333
45pinelane
Initiate
Initiate

Whats going on here - worlwide outage with no updates from Netgear???????????

jdusek
Initiate
Initiate

Hurry up and fix this crap.  I have a system down at my RV that I need to turn off the alram for a friend but cannot.  It ihas been down way to long.

Ejackson77
Initiate
Initiate
What is your expected resolution time? I have no security at my business location!
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

It would be nice if they sent out an email when this kind of thing happens.  Luckily this service has been extreamly reliable for the past few years so this is only the 2nd time I've noticed my cameras where inaccessable, that's still pretty bad odds if they aren't recording on motion during the outage, I'm not home to try triggering one so may never know. 

dmarakowski
Guide
Guide

Will we all be receiving a credit on our accounts for the downtime?  Those of us that are paying customers that is!

MrSpoons
Star
Star

Here we go again

Mindylc
Initiate
Initiate
Mine are still recording just not showing up on the app immediately like normal. Still getting notifications of motion detected.
sn0wballz
Star
Star

I'm still receiving motion alerts so i am assuming it is atleast still recording. we just can't view them.

Drizztbob
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any update to this problem as of yet??

mark88888888888
Initiate
Initiate

It's not a "feature", but the Arlo's core functionality. If I can't get to the video, the Arlo is worthless. 

Jackrmy
Guide
Guide

8:00am Still not fixed

Gmehring
Initiate
Initiate
No updates 4 hours later? No email notification when there is a world wide problem?? Unacceptable for a brand presenting itself as a security company.
sessionstu
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 3 Arlo Pro cameras yesterday and this is my reward. Unacceptable. I can't even start a chat without an AWS CloudFront connection error popping up. 

Moshea821
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo has been down for hours and it is worldwide...makes one wonder if you have been hacked...do you think criminals are taking a break while Arlo/Netgear figures out what is going on?

Jackrmy
Guide
Guide

The Arlo team emailed me about the outage 10 minutes after I posted here.  ha

Cagnulein
Star
Star

Totally unacceptable

Runhard
Initiate
Initiate
Tell that to the burglar. The camera availability shouldn't have anything to do with the 3rd party
kamdesrai
Tutor
Tutor

Well, all of the criminals are just looking for Arlo stickers right about now aren't they? Wow. This is unacceptable. I have spent thousands on netgear products over the years. NO MORE! I suffered silently through Orbi's tirade of useless updates, but netgear has lost me as a customer.

CG11111
Tutor
Tutor

Time to return

Ejackson77
Initiate
Initiate
Update on resolution PLEASE??? What is the expected resolution time?? One notice stating there is an issue isn’t acceptable. We KNOW there is an issue. We need additional details about the cause and resolution. These are security cameras that are unavailable!!
hjhorowitz
Initiate
Initiate

Very impressive.  Few if any other providers would inform their customers of outages.  Nice Work!

Meik
Initiate
Initiate
Is there an expected time of repair?
sessionstu
Tutor
Tutor

Three hours later and they finally send an outage alert. I just spent the last hour restarting base stations, checking IP addresses on my wireless router, etc. Thanks Netgear. 

dmnre
Initiate
Initiate

When you have a system outage you should notify your customers. I have a disabled husband that has home heath care while I am at work. This is a new person and I have no idea how they are treating him today. While I undersand technical problems, as I customer that has spent over $500 on your products, we deserve to know so we can make other arrangements for our security checks.