Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RESOLVED: MODES Tab Unavailable on Android

Discussion stats
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo pic.png 

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the MODE tab is not available in the Arlo Android App. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

______

Update 1:

Hello Arlo Customer,

Thank you for your patience. We have identified the issue with MODES that is affecting some of our Android customers. We are in the process of validating the fix and expect to have it verified and deployed shortly. Please stay tuned…

Arlo Team

Update - *Resolved*:

Hello Arlo Customers,

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused.  

Arlo Team

Update #2: 

After working with some of you directly, we have identified an unexpected exception where some Android customers are still experiencing an issue with the Modes tab appearing in the app. We are validating another fix and would like to ask you to confirm if the issue is now resolved for you? You may need to force quit the app and log back in.  

We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to hearing more feedback.  

Arlo Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customer,

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
mmicsky
Guide
Guide
Previous version worked. Why not roll back the version until the app is fixed.
WowBabyx4
Initiate
Initiate
Will this be resolved in the very near future?
maddidaddi
Star
Star

THEY ARE ALIVE!!!!

JUST GOT A MESSAGE 3 DAYS INTO THE PROBLEM. THEY KNOW WE EXIST.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star
Why not roll back to the previous functioning version while we're stuck waiting for a resolution? Why not post in the thread with 150+ comments where you know affected customers see it? This issue has been handled so terribly.
Mjb6
Guide
Guide
Why not email all customers? You'd ensure full notification to anyone potentially affected.
enjoychewy
Apprentice
Apprentice

@AngeloM It's not just an inconvenience, it's a gounds for refund of the system under Australian Consumer Law - not performing as advertised. Nevermind that, I want to know if your team are also aware that since issues started back in late Feb, early March with updates, there have been many bugs introduced into the app platform? Namely, geofencing still is horridly unreliable when the October 3rd update worked just fine. I thought updates were meant to make the platform more secure, reliable and iron out bugs. Not make them worse.

I have already vowed to never recommend or purchase a Netgear or Arlo product (yes, I'm aware Arlo may be spun off as a seperate company). In the years I have been maintaining my own networking gear I have a graveyard with ONLY failed Netgear products. I've owned Billion, TPLink, DLink, Edimax products, to name a few. NONE of them have failed and were only replaced as they went obsolete. The only things I've had to replace due to failure have been Netgear products. Yup, 2 routers and now Arlo. Never repeating this mistake again. Never.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Can you at least allow us to change modes on Andriod, using chrome. Keeps redirecting to download app. I don't carry a laptop!!!

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

shoustonnz, you can request the desktop site from the webpage by clicking the options button in the top right corner. This allows you to bypass the Play Store redirection (to a broken app, no less!).

From there you can see the regular desktop page, but you may get a Flash warning in Chrome that covers the buttons. Zoom in as far as you can and you can manage to click the Mode button. (Such an idiotic stare of affairs to have to do this.)

These are things that Arlo support would be telling you if they actually cared to support their community.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry, you are correct. But I had to tell it to use desktop site before I logged in.

I logged in last time, 

then requsted Desktop site.

Thanks

@star_boy_oz wrote:

shoustonnz, you can request the desktop site from the webpage by clicking the options button in the top right corner. This allows you to bypass the Play Store redirection (to a broken app, no less!).

From there you can see the regular desktop page, but you may get a Flash warning in Chrome that covers the buttons. Zoom in as far as you can and you can manage to click the Mode button. (Such an idiotic stare of affairs to have to do this.)

These are things that Arlo support would be telling you if they actually cared to support their community.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customer,

Arlo Team

____
Bangcoletto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ofcourse it does not work!!!

@ChristineT wrote:

Hello Arlo Customer,

Arlo Team

Kburr
Guide
Guide
I see that the fix has now been issued but can I ask how? I have no update available via Google play and the app still has no mode tab available?
Please advise how this is fixed and when it is likely to hit your customers?
star_boy_oz
Star
Star

@Kburr - I had to uninstall and reinstall/re-login to get the fix, but some users are reporting that this doesn't work for them and they still can't see the Mode tab.

sjunwood
Star
Star

I still do not have the Mode Tab

sjunwood
Star
Star

I deleted App then reinstalled, it seems to be working now. 

Jmandm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well you gave us the Mode tab back. Now geofencing is gone?? I mean, yeah it was buggy, but at least I knew how to work around it, now I can't even use it. Get your stuff together Arlo!! This is unacceptable. Your product is not suppose to have us the consumers wonder if it is doing its job, protecting our homes.
milue
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hallo, und wie sieht die bereitgestellte Lösung aus?
milue
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wie sieht diese Lösung aus?
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not fixed for me still. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing.

Users have been reporting that they're not fixed ever since Arlo announced they did something, patted themselves on the back, begged for kudos, and resolved all of the threads.

Now they're back to ignoring their customers on these forums and on social media.

Truly unbelievably terrible customer support, Arlo.
mmorgens
Guide
Guide

How do I get the fix? Reinstalled, rebooted, logged out and logged in again ... still missing the mode tab.

Augie416
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo says this issue was resolved yesterday. I am still having the problem today (5/10/18). WHAT IS THE FIX?

Jsorell
Initiate
Initiate
It is not working for me. Power cycled my base station and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Nothing. Still no mode
Augie416
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is not resolved for all android users. I've power cycled the base station and reinstalled the app. Still, the mode tab is missing
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Community

After working with some of you directly, we have identified an unexpected exception where some Android customers are still experiencing an issue with the Modes tab appearing in the app. We are validating another fix and would like to ask you to confirm if the issue is now resolved for you? You may need to log out or force quit the app and log back in.  

We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to hearing more feedback.  

Arlo Team

____
Related Labels
Discussion stats