Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo pic.png 

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the MODE tab is not available in the Arlo Android App. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

______

Update 1:

Hello Arlo Customer,

Thank you for your patience. We have identified the issue with MODES that is affecting some of our Android customers. We are in the process of validating the fix and expect to have it verified and deployed shortly. Please stay tuned…

Arlo Team

Update - *Resolved*:

Hello Arlo Customers,

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused.  

Arlo Team

Update #2: 

After working with some of you directly, we have identified an unexpected exception where some Android customers are still experiencing an issue with the Modes tab appearing in the app. We are validating another fix and would like to ask you to confirm if the issue is now resolved for you? You may need to force quit the app and log back in.  

We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to hearing more feedback.  

Arlo Team

68 REPLIES 68
Augie416
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get the Mode tab back by again powercycling the base station, and then reinstalling the app
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening @Augie416,

Thanks for confirming the steps you took to get the Modes tab back after the fix was deployed. Your participation is greatly appreciated! 

Best Regards,

Christine 

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Jsorell
Initiate
Initiate
Its back. Thanks
rascalstar
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning when I selected disarm on my android phone, the white box came up (Setting Mode...) and it won't go away and I can't select anything else.  I tried unplugging the modem.  That didn't affect the phone.  How do I get rid of this box so I can operate Arlo?  And how may I avoid this situation again?

ostringer
Aspirant
Aspirant

My mode tab is still missing (Samsung Galaxt Tab S2).  Reinstalled the app & restarted the base station - no luck.  Help please.

Zach0101
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mode tab disappears since yesterday on my android app.
JeanW
Aspirant
Aspirant

The MODES button just disappeared on me today, on an Android phone.  Additionally, the app keeps flickering and blinking, so I cannot click on ANYTHING.  The Arlo posts indicate this problem has been solved, but apparently not.  What can I do to fix or restart?  Thank you

SLund
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still have the problem on my Samsung s8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had the flickering app issue on Android where it seems to be changing screens quickly so you can't log in. I've been able to break out of it by repeatedly hitting the Home button. I don't have a solution - can't remember if force closing and clearing the cache had any effect but it was a short-lived problem.

JeanW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. That's the same thing I've been doing, hitting the home button get rid of it. Glad to hear yours was short lived. I might try to restart the base unit or just ignore it for a couple more days before I really start complaining to them. 😏
rookie2327
Aspirant
Aspirant
My mode tab stiill does not appear on my android app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now using a browser is likely the best workaround although there may be problems with that, too.

JonasR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have this problem, I have uninstalled the app, restarted the base(from the webpage) reinstalled the app, still no Mode in the app! Please rollback or let us know what version we can use to have the Mode tab available again. I use this feature every day, at least a few times per day!

Samsung S8
Android version: 8.0.0
Security patch lvl: April 1, 2018
App version: 2.5.0_21265

Base station:
SW: 2.5.0.885_21333

2 Arlo Pro 2 cams and 2 Arlo cams.
Arlo Pro 2 info:
HW: H3
FW: 1.125.8.0_19174
Arlo Info:
HW: H7
FW: 1.2.16720

JonasR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have this problem, I have uninstalled the app, restarted the base(from the webpage) reinstalled the app, still no Mode in the app! Please rollback or let us know what version we can use to have the Mode tab available again. I use this feature every day, at least a few times per day!

Samsung S8
Android version: 8.0.0
Security patch lvl: April 1, 2018
App version: 2.5.0_21265

Base station:
SW: 2.5.0.885_21333

2 Arlo Pro 2 cams and 2 Arlo cams.
Arlo Pro 2 info:
HW: H3
FW: 1.125.8.0_19174
Arlo Info:
HW: H7
FW: 1.2.16720

Fls
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue, on iOS and Androïd, since the last release.
Do you know how to fix this ?
enjoychewy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thankfully, the latest app update for my android device has solved the unreliable geofencing issue and also the modes tab issue. However, seeing that a number of people here are having very strange issues, I'll share a workaround I learnt from another user here on this forum.

I used APK Mirror to find an APK of the Arlo app. I found the June 2017 version worked best for me. Geofencing worked a treat, 100% reliability I found in my time using it again recently. Modes tab worked fine. The only problem was the fingerprint log in didn't work. Older versions suffer from the "session ended" problem. However on my phone I found it did not affect geofencing, the app remained active in the background.

To install the APK, first uninstall the Arlo app. You also need to have "allow unknown sources" enabled in your settings. For thoes who don't know where that setting lives, search the web for instructions. You'll also want to disable auto-update for the app. Go to the Google Play app, go to my installed apps, go to Arlo, and up the top right, click the 3-dots for more options, and disable auto-update. This will only disable auto-update for Arlo and your other apps will keep updating if you have auto-update enabled for all apps. When you've done this, keep an eye on the forums for new releases in case the app is fixed. If you keep the APK on your phone, you can try any new version of the app anytime and if it sucks, just roll back by reinstalling the old Arlo app from the APK.

My only concerns are security ones, but I feel that if you have the lastest security patch for Android, the risk is minimised. Maybe someone can contribute more to this, please.

FYI, I didn't have to do any restarts, clearing of data/cache etc for the rollback to work. Nor did I have to do that for the new version to work on my phone (I'm on a Moto G4+, Android 7). Ensure you have battery optimisation switched OFF for the Arlo app, so geofencing works all the time (and notifications). I have found that with batt optimisation on, geofencing and notifications are very unreliable.

Good luck everyone... My experience with Arlo has been absolutely RUBBISH. I figured all this out from other users. I'm even in touch with a "L3 support engineer". He's been silent for weeks now. I've just given up on him. Arlo is the last Netgear affiliated product I'll be buying. Ever.

SPDIF
Star
Star

STILL CANNOT SE MODE IN THE ANDROID APP!

Tested powercycling the Base Station, deleted and reinstalled the app. No Mode setting in any of my Android devices!

It´s extremely annoying to see that Netgear reports that the problem is solved when so many users tells them it´s NOT!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser in the meantime since it seems to work better.

SPDIF
Star
Star

Not very helpful!

I am controlling the cameras either with a surf pad or with my phones. Browser means I have to use a PC which I am not in the habit of carrying on me.

Cannot understand why Netgear took away the Mode settings from the Android app, a very severe defect for the Arlo system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They didn't take it away - it's a bug. I have the Mode tab in my Android app but not everyone does. You can try reinstalling the app or use a mobile browser set to use the desktop version of the Arlo site. I'm trying to give you workarounds while things are AFU.

SPDIF
Star
Star

Thanks’ for trying to help, o Guru, appreciated :-)!

Already tried reinstalling and/or installing the app and using browsers on several Android pads and phones, no luck!

So BUG it is and it appears to have been bugging me and other users for weeks without being solved by Netgear.

I made the usual mistake one does when a community Forum is populated by knowledgeable and professional users. It sometime helps but one should instead directly report any problem to Netgears support.

Strange enough though, the answers I see people here in the Forum are getting from those users gives a more professional impression then what I have felt when in contact with Netgear Support ;-)!

Bought my Arlo units thinking they were a Security System, the impression I now get is that Netgear regards them as a toy!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new Android app available - is that working better?

Skridsko
Star
Star

I still have the same problem with all our Android devices (e.g., Samsung S8/S9 and Tab S3) using the latest Android version 2.5.1_21471 on two base stations (firmware 1.10.0.4_20963, in Sweden) with Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2.

Emmoth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working for me on my Galaxy S8, android 8.0

I've tried to reinstall it twice now without any luck.

When will you fix this issue??

Can't even change the "shedule" on my computer

JAMIE76
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still no mode tab
Related Labels
Discussion stats