Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Discussion stats
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Dear Valued Arlo Customers…

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

netgear-arlo.png

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LapGear
Arlo Employee Retired

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
ScorpionAmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue as well.  Perfect timing as I am trying to get ready to leave for vacation in a few hours!  Will everything come back online and I can control remotely?

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has been an all day affair, yet just being acknowledged here and an hour ago on Twitter by Arlo.

Frustrating.

Rawmovement
Guide
Guide

Yah really sad... tried setting this up in the morning. Even tried calling only to reach a busy signal. We shouldnt have to wait for any type of notification 12 hours later , thinking it was something else.

Loughner
Tutor
Tutor

Has this been fixed?  This took Arlo too long to report on the community board!

clevengergl
Initiate
Initiate

This has been a very frustrating experience. Not a good first impression.at all. Purchased a 3-Camera Arlo Pro system yesterday evening and hit a brick wall with the base station setup. Tried resetting the base station and router, replacing Ethernet cables, tried all 4 Ethernet ports in my router. I even went into my gateway settings to open up ports 80 and 443. Nothing.

At that point, I called Arlo tech support and that's where the real frustration occurred. I waited on hold for 1 hour and 34 minutes before someone answered, only to inform me that this was a widespread issue and they were working on it!

Here's the most frustrating part:

This community post was made at 10:35pm EST. I called tech support at 11:22pm. Arlo, why on EARTH didn't you include an announcement in your menu prompts alerting customers that there was a widespread issue??? It was BLACK FRIDAY and you had thousands of customers purchasing your products at the same time. Coming out ahead of the issue with a simple message would have saved hundreds of your customers from hours of waiting on hold, would have reduced your call volumes significantly and would have saved your customer service reps from a massive headache.

Something like this: "Please note that we are currently experiencing a widespread issue with many Arlo base stations unable to connect to the internet. Our team is working hard to address the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. For status updates on this issue, please watch for our posts on the Arlo Community website. We apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience."

Brief version: This was very poorly handled, Arlo. Technical issues happen, but there was no excuse for the poor communication and issue management. You cost your customers and employees unnecessary time and headaches, and decreased customer confidence in your ability to handle a widespread issue.

I, for one, am unimpressed and disappointed. Please do better.

LapGear
Arlo Employee Retired

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

Dee2905
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

My  Arlo is still showing as being offline.  The light is green on the internet button but each device on my app shows as being offline.  Before I found out that it was a Netgear problem, I was reading some solutions on how to fix an offline problem and I pressed the rest button.  All that did was make the camera button go amber.  I have tried removing a camera and adding it again.  It goes through the motions of syncing to the base but doesn't appear anywhere on my app.  I am in Western Australia (current time is 8am on 26/11) so phoning the number and being put on hold is not an option for me.  Are there still problems here in Australia or is it just me?  Please can someone help!!

AsoloHeart1955
Star
Star

I finally solved the same issue when I did "revove Device for the home base. Then I did Add device for it. It appeared and then I was able to synce each camera. Add rules or settings you had.that do not show up. I had to redo my custom settings.

Voo001
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same problem in Australia it sucks
Friberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do not work 😞 😞 😞

Dayzee
Star
Star

I had the same problem and had to add the base station again and the all the cameras, all working ok now, I’m also in Australia 

Friberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tx.
But I do not know how I ad a Base Station again. I think I had tried everything.

Dayzee
Star
Star

When you open the app scroll right to the bottom and you will see “add device” choose you model base station and follow the prompts

Friberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You so much. It works. I should have thougt of that.

LoTel
Tutor
Tutor

i will not call the us, my base is still offline only the 2 first green lamp are up.

i already open a ticket and no news, it's very bad service

what solution do u propose ?

Dayzee
Star
Star

Glad to help 👍

Madd4fishing
Aspirant
Aspirant

07:35 am Nov 26 2017     I spent the day yesterday resetting the system, removing all of the cameras and repairing them. It was working again until this morning where all cameras are now reading "This device is offline". My cameras are not that easy to get to and I would rather not have to take all of them down again. 

I need a clear and simply solution to this issue. as this is completely unacceptable

Rigger9865
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, I’ve shut it down, removed then resynced 4 of 5 cameras and to no avail. (I’ve found Arlo quite hard to actually get to SPEAK directly to #ome kind of tech support). I totally agree with you and it’s FAR, FAR, FAR FROM ACCEPTABLE.  I’m still none the wiser as how to get this quite expensive wifi home security system running again and in the meantime I have NO HOME SECURITY  AT ALL. I also have a problem with a camera that won’t charge so I’m left with 4 of 5 cameras for an inoperable security camera system. NOT HAPPY.

Madd4fishing
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the camera, removed from system then synced. Image is fine until i mount to magnetic Arlo disk, then image turns pink. Went through the removal and re sync several times to no avail. Now the camera is always pink, I've tried to locate a chat session or a phone number for customer service but it appears Arlo does not want anyone contacting them. Allof my issues began when Arlo apparently had a major server issue, and I've spent hours removing and resetting my base station and cameras. I would appreciate an invite to a chat session to either fix the issue or replace the camera

Towers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchsed this item and was excited to get started ! after over 3hours im still not on line!

The base unit is unresponsive,ive changed the lead and this improved for a couple of minutes and now nothing ......... im extremely fed up !

Related Labels
Discussion stats