Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
smartloom
Guide
Guide

I just bough a new Arlo Pro Smart Home 4 Camera bundle and having issues with 2 cameras.  2 Camera's are working fine and other 2 cameras goes offline after 1 hour of use or so.  Switcheded the batteries from good one and issue presist.  Also let the troubleing Cameras plugged into USB charger and they still went offline.  All four cameras sitting next to base station.  Thinking of returing it now as already starting giving trouble righout of box unless there is a quick know fix for that.  This is message I get This Arlo device is offline Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.  Both Cameras goes offline about same time range.  I have to remove the battery and reinsert and they work fine agian for an hour or so again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timothy1108
Tutor
Tutor

So I solved my problem by returning the camera. I actually go two bad camera's but after giving it one more shot, the new camera arrived and loaded up perfectly. No problems at all. I gave up trying to navigate the useless and unresponsive customer service. I just returned the camera as defective and ordered new ones. Its sad I had to do it that way. Arlo/Netgear needs to really work on customer services. At this point I give them an F-, but I like the product. I am just glad I got it replaced and fixed. I have 3 great cameras now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would use SETTINGS and remove device ( on troubled cameras ) and bring them back as new... if problem continues , yes.. return

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
smartloom
Guide
Guide

No luck removing and adding again.  I had very high hopes but I guess have to return the unit.  After it goes offline battery drains fast. 

Timothy1108
Tutor
Tutor

I am on my second replacement camera and still having the same problems. It took several attempts to get it to sync and now (only camera 3 is affected) only stays online for 10 min and then is permanently offline. I replaced camera 3 with a new camera and same issue. Very odd.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would seem to be a WiFi issue between the camera and base.  What happens if you move the camera near the base and/or swap cameras to see if the issue follows the camera or stays with the location?

smartloom
Guide
Guide

I gave up and returned the system as you can't trust these camera if they will be even recording in the time of need.

smartloom
Guide
Guide

My camera's were sitting next to the base.  Haven't even installed them outside yet.

Timothy1108
Tutor
Tutor

No, it is not a wifi issue.  I have two other cameras working just fine that are on opposite sides of the house.  This camera is right next to the base.  It is the 3rd camera in the pack that would not sync initially or stay online. I sent that bad camera back and ordered a new camera. Once again this 3rd camera will not stay online more than 30 min.  I have read that so many others have this problem after they sync their first two cameras.  Additional cameras past 2 seem to strain the system.  Arlo Customer service has been useless.

smartloom
Guide
Guide

Yup it was 3rd and 4th camera for me too.  First 2 were just fine.

Timothy1108
Tutor
Tutor

So I solved my problem by returning the camera. I actually go two bad camera's but after giving it one more shot, the new camera arrived and loaded up perfectly. No problems at all. I gave up trying to navigate the useless and unresponsive customer service. I just returned the camera as defective and ordered new ones. Its sad I had to do it that way. Arlo/Netgear needs to really work on customer services. At this point I give them an F-, but I like the product. I am just glad I got it replaced and fixed. I have 3 great cameras now.