Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tsat
Follower
Follower

There seems to be alot of negative and confussion about the battery life of the Arlo wireless system. I just want to add my personal experiance with the system. I have my modes set up to detect motion at certain times during the week and weekends. i have it sent to detect at night while asleep or at work ,and set to deactivate at the time im about get home. But on the weekends i just cut it on and off as i come and go.. i very rarely use live monitoring.Only to see if i closed the basement door or to see if my delivery is still  on the porch after getting the email because of motion.    i have sensitivity set 95% on the outside cameras and 100% on the inside. they are all set to record 50 seconds when motion is detected. i've had the 5 camera set up for 5 months now and all cameras still have full battery life.. They have gone off quite a bit also . With things like wasp,flying insects, and people.. And i get the emails every time. I dont work for netgear or have anything to do with company. i bought my Arlo set up at my BestBuy. If you play around with the cameras alot , like for live monitoring, im sure it would eat up batterys? But has been great so far.. Hope this helps some of you? Just my experiance and opinion ..

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I happen to agree with you... Went thru this with other Vuezone and Arlo users (have have/ have both systems)

As a new user, setup and / or play can eat up batteries.. Once its working well the battery usage should drop off.

I have 2 cams running the same OEM batteries since 2/24. These are rarly viewed, but mainly used for motion detection which really is how Arlo is design to work.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------