Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bdw13
Follower
Follower

I purchased a package that contained two cameras.  I had no problem installing the first one, but am having trouble with the second one.  I cannot get the camera light to blink green on the base unit, it  stays on solid green.  When I press the sync button on the camera, the first blinks blue then a fast yellow.  I tried resetting it several times.  I have waited 15 minutes, and turned the unit off and on and you suggested in your troubleshooting tips, but this does not work.  If I hold the sync button down on the base unit for about 10 seconds, the cord lights starts to blink.  I have tried to connect the camera with that blinking but it still does not work,

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Be careful not to hold the sync button on the base station too long.  Just hold it for about two seconds and let go.  It should start blinking after that.  Then press the button on the camera.  I made the mistake of holding the base station sync button too long on the original Arlo and it puts the base station into some other mode that you do not want.  You might have to power cycle the base to get it out of that mode.  I had no trouble syncing two cameras on my Pro this week.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bdw13,

A quick press and release (like AncientGreek says above) should allow the sync process to initiate on your base station (flashing green camera LED).

Are you still having trouble initiating the camera sync LED?

JamesC