Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo settings-photo vs video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems everytimne I go to change settings the options I'm looking for have moved!

To save battery I want to change high activity cams to "Take a picture/photo" rather than take a 10 sec video clip.  I KNOW that option used to exist but I can not find it.

Same with setting up "Push" and "Email" notification options-somehow my wife is getting texts-but I can't find where her cell number is in any settings dialogue.

Does Netgear keep changing the Arlo GUI?!?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Theo426 wrote:

To save battery I want to change high activity cams to "Take a picture/photo" rather than take a 10 sec video clip.  I KNOW that option used to exist but I can not find it.

There hasn't been a big change in SW interface since Jan 2016 when it was revamped.

Vuezone use to allow snapshots, but Not with Arlo.

The Q cameras do allow snapshots or video.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is the Arlo Q Plus section - what batteries?  The Q cameras don't use them.

Q cameras can take a snapshot - not the wireless cameras.  If you do have a Q, it's in your mode/rules (Mode tab, click on the Q camera, edit your modes/rules).  This hasn't changed since the beginning of the year.

Arlo NEVER sends texts.  It's either a phone/app push notification or email (found in the same place as above, again, not changed for a long time). Push notifictions are global - all get them or noone does.  The only way to block push notifications on only a single device is to change the app settings in the phone's settings menu.  If she's getting them and you're not, your phone has had someone disable them.