Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to update firmware for arlo

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Martin0711
Follower
Follower

I have had the arlo base station and 4 camera set up for a little over 6 weeks.  For 4 of those weeks the system worked faultlessly and i was very impressed with the whole system.

At present i can view any of my cameras through the arlo app.  i can record manually on any camera and the video will be displayed in the library.  The cameras will not record any footage when triggered by motion detection.  When i trigger the cameras i can see the motion detection indicator glowing orange and i instantly receive a notification telling me motion has been detected.  I no longer have an email notification and i do not get any video footage in my library.

For almost 2 weeks now i have been unable to use the arlo due to a possible firmware issue.  Everytime i try to update the firmware im prompted with the message "no update available".  I have reset the system countless times and re-synced the cameras with the hope of being able to force an update or the update to go ahead durring the night but i have had no luck.  I am becoming increasingly frustrated as for 4 weeks this worked perfectly and considering the whole setup has cost in the range of £550 i wasnt expecting to have these issues.

Basestation firmware is - 1.4.2695 model - VMB3010r2

Camera firmware is -  1.2.2688 model - VMC3030

I have exhausted almost every avenue with tech support where they have even sent me out a new basestation thinking it might be hardware faults.  I received the new basestation yesterday and im still having the same problems.  Can someone please help me to resolve the problems im having and allow me to have a working system i once loved.

Best regards Martin

1 REPLY 1
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I think several (perhaps many) people have commented on the recording issues with the Pro.  I have both the standard and Pro systems installed.  Soon after installing the Pro system, I realized I could not adjust the duration of recording on the cameras.  In fact, I couldn't navigate to the slider that allows us to set that duration.  At some point this week, I noticed, I could get to the slider, but I could not move it.  A day later, I could no longer get to the slider.

I also get the warning about charging and low temperature on my iOS app, but whereas the camera would originally still record a short video, it no longer records anything on either of my deployed Arlo Pro cameras.

I hope Arlo software engineering is working diligently on this problem.  It is clearly a crippling problem for the Pro system at this time.  Non of us can recommend a system that doesn't record anything!