Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Blondiesparklin
Guide
Guide

Three of my cameras, Arlo q and 2 Arlo security cameras got stolen, because I’m a dumb a** basically we were leaving to go to our other home and I knew the batteries were low. We were only supposed to be gone a couple of days but my husband had some medical things that come up and we ended up being gone for a couple months not days. Our house was burglarized and the burglars got off with over 100,000$ in what we had around the house we worked the last 20 years together for!!!! I don’t want to delete the cameras off my arlo account because I think they will be able to use them but i got some Arlo pro cameras in and I want to connect them to have our house secured better this time. I’m getting close to my limit on the number I can use since I have them at our other home as well. What can i do to shut them down or keep the robbers from using them. I wish I had an option like find my iPhone does and could lock it down. Please help me if anybody knows a solution to this. Ive already made a police report.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did they take just the cameras or the base, too? The base can't be used on another account without deleting it from your account but the cameras can. Contact support using the link at the bottom here and again on the new page. Dunno if they can help but it's your only option.

BTW, I'd think the cameras would show in your account if you don't delete them and they get put into service elsewhere which may be able to give you some clues eventually about their whereabouts.

Blondiesparklin
Guide
Guide
They took only the two cameras. I’ve got new ones and I’m stalling on adding because I don’t want to delete the stolen cams. I know they can’t use if they are on my account but if I delete them they can add to any base station I wish there was something else I could do to keep them from using them!!!!
brh
Master
Master

@Blondiesparklin

I am not sure whether or not they can use them on another base station. One person here claimed to have set up one camera on both his base and a friends base at the same time.

Brian

Blondiesparklin
Guide
Guide

Not possible In that way I have 3 base stations and moved one camera from my central Texas home to my south Texas home and until I deleted it from the other base station it said it was associated with another device. 

Blondiesparklin
Guide
Guide

I figured it out I just updated to elite so they can’t use them. I actually found the people because they were selling some of my things on offer up.

brh
Master
Master

@Blondiesparklin

Fantastic! Hope they spend a long time in jail.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blondiesparklin wrote:

Not possible In that way I have 3 base stations and moved one camera from my central Texas home to my south Texas home and until I deleted it from the other base station it said it was associated with another device. 

Good to know! Thanks for confirming.

brh
Master
Master

Agreed. After the other poster claimed that he had set up the same camera on two different base units without deleting it from the former base, my confidence was getting shaky to say the least.

My home was burglarized nearly three years ago and I am trying as much as I can to prevent it happening again.

Brian

DamnD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you sure the base can't be used if you have it registered??
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DamnD,

That is correct, the base can't be claimed unless the original user removes it from their account.