Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2-way chat for non-admin users

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Seph42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo Product team, I think it would be beneficial for admin users to define the capabilities for non-admin users.  More specifically, I would like the ability to allow non-admin users of the Pro cameras to be able to use the 2-way talk function or record video but maybe not have the ability to delete recorded videos or pictures taken.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Seph42,

This can be done by toggling access rights within the Grant Access settings. Take a look here for a list of things that shared users will or will not have access to based on access rights:

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

Seph42
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apologies for not being clear, I agree there is an option to allow access but unless I misunderstand, unfortunately it also includes the option to delete videos and photos. I don’t want non-admin or nob privalaged accounts to be able to delete anything.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Seph42,

Ahh, it sounds like you're looking for more control of what features are accessible when access is granted. You might visit this topic in the Idea Exchange and give kudos/make a comment to support more granular control over shared features.

Enhancing the privileges menu for granting access to friends

JamesC