Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

74% to 10% in 2 minutes.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Desmodog
Guide
Guide
Today I was checking my cameras and everything was fine. One of them showed 74%. Most others still in the 80s. Then the gardener showed up and some started recording. Suddenly I got an alert that one camera was at 10%.

Sure enough that camera that was showing 74% minutes before was now showing 10%.

Huh?????
7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

first quesion is how many minutes did it record in this time?

assuming batteries and hardware are ok.  big drops can happen for 2 reasons.  lots of recording.  e,g, switch to manual recording and just keeping it recording

or

something happens to disript wifi connection between base station and cam, such as interference, power failure or internet failure.  if either of the second two, your other cams should also have shown a big drop.

Desmodog
Guide
Guide
In checking the library, it recorded a total of four times today. 2 minutes each time.

12:20
13:20
14:03
14:06

I got the warning at 14:39. At that point I turned it off to see if it was a glitch. Turned it back on an hour later. Still at 10%.

Other Arlos are fine and we're also recording at the time.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

try putting those batteries in another cam and see if still 10% and other cams batteries in this one to see what happens.

Are you using rechargeable or non-rechargeable batteries (altho shouldn't matter, neither should show such a drop)

Desmodog
Guide
Guide
I'll have to wait till I'm at the house next week to try this. But appreciate the suggestion.

The batteries are non rechargeable. And they are either Duracell or Streamlight.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

two things you might want to try first when back at house:

open battery door cover, wait a minute, effectively rebooting the cam see if that changes reading

if not, reboot the base station, again to seei f that changes reading

Desmodog
Guide
Guide

Another oddity just now. 

Logged in to check the cameras. Activated my driveway cam, and suddenly got a notification that another camera had noticed motion. This camera is setup to trigger others. 

Turns out it trigged the one with the dead batteries, and the dead camera recorded for 8 seconds. 

Thing is, I turned that camera off last week. 

????

I also noticed that a few nights ago the IR on it was attempting to illuminate. 

I thought OFF meant OFF!?!?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Desmodog,

Cross record triggering will override the on/off toggle (A triggers B to record but B is toggled off, recording will still be produced for B). I've asked engineering if this is behaving as designed and was informed that this is expected behavior.

JamesC