Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
aspoulsen
Guide
Guide

Hi there

I have the Arlo Base VMB3000 with 4 cameras.
Since last week I have had issues with the camera connection, which is very unstable. 

When I press Live feed, I receive a "The Camera is offline". or 'No connection'.

I have made a hard reset of the base station. I have done the same with the cameras, and tried to re-connect. Nothing helps.

Sometimes I'm able to get a live feed, but most times I not able to use my cameras.
Motion detection is also disabled.

What to do??

/ Anders

21 REPLIES 21
aspoulsen
Guide
Guide

Udklip.PNG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read these forums you'll see that there are various issues happening right now, including yours. Right now, my best suggestion is to use a computer browser since it generally seems to work better than the apps.

aspoulsen
Guide
Guide
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
It does not work with a browser. It have already tried.

arloarlo111
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. One VMB 3000 base station with 11 cameras. All stopped working on May 14 after the base station update.

I use a windows computer to access my arlos. The base station switches from "getting status" to "offline. When it is on "getting status" I am able to push on all my cameras "live feed". After 30 s the camera views show "base station off-line". When I log off and log back into arlo, the camera views show the updated view from the "live feed". My base station has 3 green lights. I had programmed a custom setting for my arlos rather than the "armed" setting. I am not able to access any "Mode" armed, disarmed, geofencing because the base station shows "getting status".

I read that people have tried to reset (paperclip reset button) the base station with no luck and tried to resync their cameras with no luck. I have contacted support, which gives me the standard script answers and wants me to try to start everything over. Because people have had no luck with starting over and resyncing, I have not done this.

Hopefully, this makes it to engineering and my detailed description of the problem will help us all soon!

mransom
Initiate
Initiate

I am having a simular issue.  Seems like the problem started after the last update.  Mine shows my hub as offline.  I have tried restarting it and all that with no success.  The interent LED shows green on the hub but the app and the web interface show the hub as offline.  

arloarlo111
Initiate
Initiate

I finally decided to first change my password after the security alert from arlo this morning. Then I rebooted (paperclip in the reset button) my basestation and resynced all 11 cameras and reprogrammed my custom rules.

It finally worked again except no saving of videos in the library. After an email with support it suddenly started working. Hopefully, we do not have to go through this again.

Max_Simba
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are turned on and armed but do not respond to motion or record any ideas for help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's just fastest to use the system reset as posted in the message just before yours. 

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

Wish we all had the same issues resolved!  There has not been one day Arlo has worked correctly since the update for us!  

All Camera’s never worked today at all.  We reset, ect!  It changed nothing.  

This update has caused more issues then ever before to everyone!  Why Arlo decided to update apparently without testing and making sure no issues were involved is unperceiveable, it is completely filled with issues and does not appear they can fix them at the time, leaving everyone it effects without a  Arlo Camera working.  

We are looking into another System!

Trulyfully, let’s just say, if it is not broke leave it alone.    

aspoulsen
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately still no solution.
So disapointed with Arlo.

Now, my batteries are also dying very fast. It has never been a problem before now.
I have decided to return the system to Arlo.

My cameras have not worked normally since May 14.
MP2380
Tutor
Tutor

Ive got the VMB3000 with 5 cameras and have the same issue. Cameras stopped working two days ago and the light indicates there is no connection with the router. Have followed all the recommendations, rebooting, powering off, changing cables etc with no success.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MP2380,

What is the LED behavior on your base station? (lit/unlit, colors)

What error messages are you seeing when you log in to your Arlo app?

JamesC

mransom
Initiate
Initiate
Internet, power and camera LEDs on the base were all solid green. I ended up doing a factory reset on the base then had to reassociate all the cameras to the base station to resolve the problem.
Redraider90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't do an update of any kind, but today, both of mine stopped working, indiscriminately.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Redraider90,

When you say they stopped working, can you be more specific? Are you seeing an error message when attempting to live stream? No longer seeing recordings? What are you experiencing?

JamesC

MP2380
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC,

Sorry for late response, have been away for 3 weeks.

When I power up the VMB3000 it follows the following sequence:

• Power remains orange for a few minutes
  • Power goes green, then connection and camera lights come on orange. (photo 1)
  • After a couple of minutes connection light goes and camera lights stays orange (photo 2) 

System was working fine prior to that, never had an issue with connectivity prior.

Thanks, Mark

• photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Until you can get the Internet LED to be green, nothing is going to work.  This can be caused by a bad port on either the base or the router or a bad cable. Try switching router ports and cable. If the LED turns amber, the base is connected to the router but not the servers which could be a router setting or an ISP issue. If it remains off, open a case with support for an RMA.

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issue with a single camera that keeps going offline every 3-4 days.  It does not go offline when I request a live few.  This happened after the last firmware update the base station.  Batteries are fully charged so know that is not the issue.  I have full bars for singnal.  

MP2380
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Have tried changing router ports and cable, still the same problem, the internet LED goes orange for about a minute then goes out. Still not communicating. Internet is working fine for other router cable devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it's a bad base. Open a case with support or, if out of warranty, buy a new base (they're fairly inexpensive).

aspoulsen
Guide
Guide

Hi

Just to let you guys know.

I returned the base and all cameras to the dealer.

I received a brand new package with a new base station and 4 new cameras. I deciced to make a new Arlo account with a different e-mail address.
Now, everything is working fine again. I have no problems.

I wonder if my Arlo account had been hacked....