Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android App Auto Login on the Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
altoscam
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is terrible that you have to retype the password everytime you use the App on android.  It didn't use to be this way.  If this is a security issue, there has to be a better way.  Tons of apps stay logged in.  It's really quite unusual not to.  What's worse, the login disappears after as little as 20 minutes.  That's just crazy.  It borders on unusable.

There also used to be a feature where the password would be in the type buffer on the login page, and all you would need to do would be to press login.  That wouldn't be so bad, but that has disappeared too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All my apps, firmware, OSes, browsers, etc. are up to date. The apps automatically log in. Every time. You have a local problem that may be fixed by restarting the the phone and/or reinstalling the app.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
altoscam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notice for example that you don't have to log in each time you use Android Pay!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also you don't have to type your password every time for Arlo if you don't manually log out.

altoscam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope.  That's how it USED to work.  Now it has a session time out very quickly.  Have you updated your App recently?

I first saw this behavior about a month ago after I did an update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All my apps, firmware, OSes, browsers, etc. are up to date. The apps automatically log in. Every time. You have a local problem that may be fixed by restarting the the phone and/or reinstalling the app.

altoscam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the issue was I had to upgrade the app.  Apparently it hadn't been updated before.  Regardless, the behavior had changed from not logging out on its own to where it would log out anytime the app was not the one on display.  Very annoying but the upgrade fixed it.  The message was "session timeout". I don't know what that's meant to be for normally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick troubleshooting step for the app will always be to reinstall the app. Sometimes things get goobered.