Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App no longer has on/off button for cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Heddle
Tutor
Tutor

Loved the systems for 3 months... then after updating the Arlo App on my phone, the button to turn the cameras on/off no longer exists, and the system says it is offline.  The base station is pluged directly into the router... sitting right next to it, and every other device has internet access so it can't be a connectivity issue.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What phone have you got?

If you go to your devices list and then hit the settings cog, the 2nd menu item should be to turn the camera on or off.

But this isn't the best way to manage the cameras. The cameras operate best based on the recording mode. If the mode is DISARMED or you use a custom mode where there is no rule for that particular camera, the camera will be off/standby and do nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the system is offline, whether due to the app communication or in reality, nothing is going to be able to be managed.  Try logging out of the app and logging back in as well as power cycling the base. What are the base LEDs showing?  Ther should be 3 green ones - power, Internet and camera.

Heddle
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you 🙂  I tried turning the app off/on many times as this always worked in the past but doesn't work after the update.  I tried turning the base off/on with just the power button yesterday and nothing changed.

The lights on the base from left to right are Green (power) - Orange (internet) - Green (Cameras)

Should I unplug everything for a few minutes to power cycle or was the power button sufficient?

Heddle
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you 🙂

I have a samsung 6.  The second menu item you refer to has just simply dissapeared, its not that it is shadowed out and not available... it just isn't there anymore - really random.

I tried going to Mode to manage

- on the computer only the base is visible and it says offline.  

- on the phone it also only shows the base and it also says offline.

Every other device has access to the internet and the base is plugged into the router via the same cable as the past three months when it worked fine.

I'm totally stumped 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The amber Internet LED is the issue. That means you're not connected to the servers. Perhaps a power cycle of your router is in order.