Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App will not install from play store

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shaung
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a year of indecision I finally bought the Arlo 2 camera system.

Have gone through the minor niggles of cameras not syncing and getting the batteries in but am having such a problem in getting the app to install.

From the Play Store I get the download of 24mb success but after a few minutes of installing it fails with the message:

Can't install App. Arlo can't be installed. Try again...help with torubleshooting...Error code 504.

I have searched for answers far and wide but still failing.

So far I have rebooted the router, rebooted the phone (Homtom HT7 Android 5.1), turned airplane mode off and on, forced stop and cleared cache in Google App and Play store. I have also switched default storage from SD card back to phone and halted permission management.

Any more ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... the android app worked fine on my old phone with os 4xx so 5 shouldn't be an issue.

It is possible it is the phone,

like you , all i could find you tried except this ;

Try resetting the play store app. You won't lose your apps following these steps. Nothing important will be lost.

Steps to follow on a motorola xoom

1. Go to the app drawer (menu)
  2. Tap settings
  3. Tap applications
  4. Tap the "All" tab
  5. Scroll through and look for play store
  6. Tap Play Store (not play store services!)
  7. Tap "clear data"
  8. You will then get a warning, click "ok"

That's it, go through your problem again and see if it fixed. Bear in mind you will have to re-accept the terms and conditions for the play store app, when this comes up, simply click "accept"

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Shaung
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well still no success after 20 plus attempts.Even trying abroad in Turkey. I have tried everything including a complete reset of the phone back to factory settings.
I have downloaded other apps immediately before and after trying Arlo app and they all completed with no problem, but Arlo refuses to install.

???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It may be some customization of the phone by the manufacturer. Have you tried a different device?
Shaung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, installed it on my wife's android phone and all good so I know it's something with the device and the app not communicating right.

I've also tried with all security and anti-virus and app permission management off.

I've installed many many apps over the last couple of years on my phone with not a single issue but it has to be something in the Arlo app that my phone doesn't like or vice versa.

But what?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support since they'd have access to such information.