Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera and Base Station Connection Issues

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

I know some of you are having issues with connectivity, just like I'm having. I may have stumbled on something of a fix by accident. By deleting all your current clips from the camera's all at once, using the library button, instead deleting clips from each camera individually, seems to cause a problem and the way I got it fixed the last two days, was to go into the trash files and restore a clip to each camera and then for whatever reason, the base station seems to find the camera's again.

Let me know if this helps or not or if you have trouble understanding my explantion.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

woseyjales,

Thank you for posting this information as it may help other community members experiencing a similar issue.

Your contribution is appreciated!

JamesC

momac99
Guide
Guide
  • I reinstalled through android app and everything worked for 1 day. Now  all cameras are offline. Ark has a bad release and should reverse the upgrade for all
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

momac99,

Do you see the same behavior when viewing cameras through the web client or do you only experience this when using the Android app?

JamesC

josefina
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can i set my camaras back again to my station
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no information as to what the issue is here.  A guess, though:

1) Remove all cameras from Settings, My Devices

2) Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab and resync your cameras

Tell us more if this doesn't work or isn't the issue.

PaulPumpaly
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently had to put new batteries in my camera and also bought a second wireless cam. And when i put the new batteries in, i couldn't get the original camera to reboot itself. So i disconnected it and tried to resync the cam with new batteries. And now it won't sync! So i even tried to connect the new cam i just bought, and that cam won't sync. The base station shows that the two cams are synced, but i don't get any feed on "my devices" within the Arlo app. Tried everything, from unplugging base station, to resetting the station. To redeem loading the Arlo app. Now i have to cams that won't work. Any ideas???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It may be that the batteries are in wrong - it's happened before. Are you getting and LED action when you close the battery door? What LEDs does the base have on and what color?

Worst case, you may need to reset the base and start fresh but first things first.