Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jonathanHW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two regular standard Arlo Cameras set-up outside my home. The base station is inside the center of my very large home. Because of this, my cameras receive a very weak signal. 

Is there a simple way of linking the cameras to an extender? If so, what extender can I sink with the Arlo base station? Or can I link my cameras to my existing network and extenders?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the cameras will not link to an extender....they link to the base only ( the base sets up a wifi network just for the cameras )

BUT , if your extender has an ethernet port , you can relocate the base for a better signal to the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the cameras will not link to an extender....they link to the base only ( the base sets up a wifi network just for the cameras )

BUT , if your extender has an ethernet port , you can relocate the base for a better signal to the cameras

jonathanHW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to have TWO basses stations (attached to different wireless extenders with ethernet ports) with multiple cameras on each - all attached to a single account, easily viewable on the app and online?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
5 cameras max per account but yes, possible.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jonathanHW wrote:

Is it possible to have TWO basses stations (attached to different wireless extenders with ethernet ports) with multiple cameras on each - all attached to a single account, easily viewable on the app and online?

Yes, there is no limit on number of bases ,NOR do they have to be at the same location.

The only limit is the number of cameras on your Service Level.... Basic ( free ) is 5, next two levels are 10 and 15 cameras