Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cameras Continually Offline For no Good Reason

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paul75
Follower
Follower

At wits end and feel the next time I climb the ladder to troubleshoot these things one might just get chucked into the woods a block away. Our 2 camera system is about a year and half old. It's always gone through batteries like crazy and theres been a handful of general flaky behaviors along the way, but all in all, its been ok (but would never buy again). Lately, maybe starting some time in late January, one or the other will go offline and we won't notice for a couple days. We've gotten no notice of low battery or anything beforehand, its just gone. It's either been corrected by powercycling the base station, or going and retrieving the camera and re-syncing. One time I had to replace the batteries, even though Im certain the battery life was reported as fine just before that. The cameras are both easily in range of the basestation. Nothing has changed. As I said, the offline problem is new and is happening all the time to both cameras. 

Was there a recent update that made these things completely unreliable? Is there an update to fix it in the works? Just tired of dealing with the constant troubleshooting for something that is supposed to give me peace of mind. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My strong suggestion is to grab the cameras and start fresh. Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base followed by syncing the cameras. Sometimes something goes wrong in the setup and this clears it out.  If prompted to update firmware, do so before going on to the next piece.