Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Library not working on iPad Pros.

Discussion stats
Trickyt57
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo App is not fully working since late December upgrade.   For some weeks the Library function has stopped working on both the iPad Pros in our house.   This concerns the Arlo App running under the latest version of iOS (11.2.1).  All other Arlo functions work fine, including settings, devices and mode.  I can view the live streams with no problem.  However when I click on “Library”, it goes to the page, but no videos are visible and the App freezes.  I have to close the App, and re-start it but still can’t click on “Library” without freezing the App.

This happens on different iPads Pros with different user accounts and different apps installed.  It does not make any difference whether I am on the home network or external network.  The problem is also the same on 3G or 4G telephone networks.  

I have tried removing and re-installing the app on the iPad Pros   I have tried shutting down and re-starting the App.   I have tried switching and rebooting the home network.  I have tried rebooting the Arlo base stations.

The Arlo App works just fine on an ordinary iPad (not pro), and on an iPhone.  It’s only on the two iPad Pros that it stopped working.

I suspect this is a software bug in the Pro version.   I am using using the Arlo App version 2.4.5 which is the latest version.

Anyone got any suggestions apart from the ones I tried above?     (I suggest to read carefully what I tried already to avoid proposing those same things.)

29 REPLIES 29
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trickyt57,

Like you mention, I was able to test this on a non-pro iPad (iPad 2) and did not experience any issues. I will provide your information to the QA team to see if they can replicate this with an iPad Pro. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Khiong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue with an ipad pro.  All other interfaces seem to work, including an IPhone running IOS 11

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trickyt57, Khiong

I was able to test this using an iPad Pro running iOS version 11.2.1 (Sprint LTE and WiFi tested) and did not experience any freezing when accessing the library. It seems you've already exhausted most of the troubleshooting I would suggest. I will try and find out more on this topic and post an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

Sztuka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m have same problem.

my iphone 7+ works fine with all Arlo fratures but, on exactly the same network, my ipad pro ‘feezes’ on the videos page. Not good. It started a few weeks ago (running 11.2.1 i think) and i’ve now upgraded to 11.2.2 and it continues to freeze.

Its an ipad pro model number NL2K2B/A

Sztuka
Aspirant
Aspirant

My home wireless router is a netgear r6300 connected to a genexis fibre router.

Trickyt57
Tutor
Tutor

Well nearly a month has passed since the problem of Arlo on an iPad Pro was first published.   It turns out that the problem is intermittant - does not occur 100% of the time.     I repeat the problem:

iPhones X2

iPad X1

iPad Pro X2

The Arlo App works perfectly on the iPhones and iPad, but on both the iPad Pros it freezes as soon as you click on “Library”.  You can’t see any of the icons for recorded videos, nor can you click on devices or mode or settings.  When it locks up, there is nothing you can do to get it working.  Not restarting the App, not restarting the iPad Pro, not stopping all other Apps, not restarting the network.    

Then a few days later, it will be working again.  Then a few days later it stops.

All 5 devices are running on the same home Wifi network.    I have tried everything I can to identify the issue which only occurs on the iPad Pros.  

When it is working, I can’t replicate the problem.   When it’s not working, I can’t solve the problem.  Every other Arlo function works just fine until I click “Library”.    I tried all obvoius combinations like changing devices, logging in and out of each, changing networks, switching devices, routers, restarting fresh, turning cameras or arlo routers off or on, all Apple devices off except one and so on.   It seems a big mystery that I can watch a live stream with no problem, but not see the static library page.  The bigger mystery is why the problem is intermittant, usually lasting for days or weeks, then suddenly working again.

Texasmorrell
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem on my iPad Pro. No library and it freezes. I ampm getting tired of how unreliable my Arlo system has become. 

PSchreck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same problem.

lyle57
Aspirant
Aspirant
IPAD Pro is doing the same thing. Works OK on Arlo APP until you go to library and then it freezes and have to close the APP. Our Apple 7 Plus and 6 Plus plus our non-IPAD Pro work fine with no issues.

Thanks,,

Lyle57
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the iOS Arlo Mobile app available in the app store.  Please make sure your Arlo Mobile app is updated to the latest version and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.8 - 30th March 2018

JamesC

Workspace
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, the Arlo library still does not work in my iPad Pro. Have deleted the original app and downloaded new app from AppStore. Problem still the same as reported by other iPad Pro users. Is there going to be a fix?

pfos
Initiate
Initiate

All the same as this thread and it’s now 3 months old and we don’t see anything from NetGear. Same old story - Apple blames the app, app blames Apple!

lyle57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both of our IPAD Pros are not working again.  Get it fixed!

Timzebra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue with my IPad Pro and the Arlo app not locking up with trying to display the library of videos.  I have found that I can individually check the library by camera and once I have done that I am able to change the filter to include more cameras or even all cameras.  

MatyP
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have a new 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 with 11..3 and cannot see the library but everything else works well

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean that you can't see the library? The tab isn't present or there's nothing in the library? 

lyle57
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Library tab is there but recordings are not there then the App freezes up.  Then you have to restart the Arlo App.  I have verified there are recordings since I have an Iphone and a 9.7 Ipad which the Library works with the recordings which you can view with no issues.

Timzebra
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would recommend trying to only select only one camera’s library of recordings.. When I do that, I get into the library without it locking up, then I can change the filter back to all cameras. That works most of the time with my iPad Pro. I would still expect arlo to fix the issue, but it sounds like they don’t understand what’s going on.
jcss88
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem started about a month ago on my ipad pro 10.5. It had previous to that not exhibited the problem, so there must have been an update on either the ipad or the arlo app that is causing it. The problem I see is the same as decribed above, the screen locks and the app is unresponsive when the library is entered. This issue ocurrs more often than not. My ipad mini and my iphone work just fine. Unfortunately, I see no sign that netgear is addressing the issue, which is discouraging, especially considering the software resources that Netgear has. I am a software engineer myself with 30 years of experience, and from my point of viwe this should be easy enough to correct given that it is very repeatable. I would be happy to discuss this with Netgear if it would further help to describe the behaviour of the app.

RattleCat707
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same issue as stated in several complaints. I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 with 8 cameras and a Premier subscription. The Arlo App freezes when selecting library on my IPAD PRO 12.9 I am unable to view any recorded videos. When will this issue get addressed??

Dgp2605
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with an IPAD pro and an IPAD air both running 11.3.1. The product is useless to me if I cannot access my library. My iPhone 6 works fine but it’s too small to be useful. Is there anyone from Netgear around who can respond?

TigerWolfmanDad
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo iPad App has issues displaying the Library. This has occurred since last App update. I find switching off and on wi-fi at home helps...but when using mobile data the Library can be temperamental. Currently I cannot view the Library and trying to view it crashes the App.

Alang52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started having the exact same issue with my iPad Pro about a week ago. Before that it worked perfectly. My iPhone 7 and Mac can access the library perfectly. If I click on the library button after signing in, the app freezes and does not display any video. Based on the prior discussion, if i skip the library button and click the library video link for a particular camera, that video does display in the library. After that you can go to filter and access the other device’s video using the filter button.  This issue needs to be fixed. It is too much of a hassle to go through that process rather than just clicking on the library button. PLEASE FIX!

Does anyone have a better way to access the library on an iPad Pro?

RattleCat707
Aspirant
Aspirant

—-UPDATE—POSSIBE FIX???

I’ve reached out to support via Facebook and they recommend deleting and reinstalling the updated app on the IPAD PRO. I’ll advise if it works. Hopefully the library wont freeze up after a few days of use.