Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
H20man
Aspirant
Aspirant

The image on one of my Arlo cameras has a red/pink tint to it.  My other camera is ok.  

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Open battery door and reclose to reset the camera... If it occurs again you need to contact Netgear Support as it may be hardware

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Open battery door and reclose to reset the camera... If it occurs again you need to contact Netgear Support as it may be hardware

Morse is faster than texting!
H20man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that and it didn't work.  Will contact support.  Thanks

Tassie1
Initiate
Initiate

Installed new Arlo camera and had the same problem with the red tint. Turned the camera off and back on - no luck. Tried tapping camera on the sides - no luck. Tried a different approach, opened the battery lid and power down the camera. With the camera sitting on the face (lens) power up the camera and waited for the camera to activate - click live feed to get the night vision working. Slowly raise the camera off the bench until I heard the click, back to normal operation ( red tint fixed).

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Just got mine at a huge discount from Costco, but they're discontinued and probably running out fast.

Anyway, one of my five cameras which initially all were fine suddenly when mounted showed a red tinted picture. After checking the community here and noting all the trouble shooting hints that don't work and finding out that Netgear charges shipping to return the defective one (not smart if they want to keep selling Arlo camera systems and routers like my Nighthawk R7000), I found something on Youtube that showed how to unstick the IR mode by giving the camera a couple of good whacks.

So with nothing to  lose, I took the camera down and whacked it a couple of times against my leg. 

Voila, back to normal.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

That's pretty clever. I'll have to remember that one if ever have that problem again.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

A less violent way that often (usually?) works is to open the battery cover for a couple of minutes will reset the IR filter

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

manfredz wrote:

A less violent way that often (usually?) works is to open the battery cover for a couple of minutes will reset the IR filter

I tried that after reading a huge amount of posts many of which said that this would work and for me it did not. I got the idea for gently rapping it against my leg from a Youtube video done by a  real camera guy who said this problem was quite common in cameras of all makes. I just  did what he did in the video and it worked like a charm.