Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMS3430-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BatesHomeAuto
Initiate
Initiate

I have one camera naer my front door pointing outward (to see anyone walking towards the door).  My issue is that there seems to be a delay and when I open the video, I only see the person walking away, I never see them walk towards the camera.   When it happens for me, I see the red lights blink on long before I get to the door, but I never see me walking towards the door.  So is there some delay and second, is 10 seconds on teh video non-configurable?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the original Arlo cams that you have there was always a slight delay of 2 seconds+....

But the camera detects better when the subject is accross the FOV as to straight on.

I would move the cam so its is more of a 45d angle and it will lower the delay AND you can also increase the sense level by editing the mode.

A screen shot of view would help with more hints 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@BatesHomeAuto

The delay with these original cameras is normal. They did just about eliminate the delay with the Pro models. Secondly, the way the motion detectors work with these cameras is to capture motion crossing the field of view not coming towards the camera or going away from it. I suggest mounting the camera so that any motion is from left to right or right to left, although by doing that you will not be able to see someone approaching the door. To do that you would need to purchase a Pro 2 camera for outside and have it powered by AC all the time.or a Q Plus for inside use pointing out a window.

The video record time is configureable to up to 2 minutes. In the app select the Mode icon. Slect the green pencil to the right of the Armed Mode. In the Rules section select the green pemcil to the right of the rule for that camera. Go down to where iit says Record Video and click the green pencil beside that. Here you can select the duration of the video being recorded. After making the changes, hit save at the top of the screen.

Repeat the same steps for any addiditional cameras.

Brian

karellmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm pretty sure Netgear could fix some of the issues you talk about by doing a software upgrade. Maybe they don't want to do that to make you buy the new version (Arlo Pro or Pro 2), just like Apple did making your phone slower to use less battery (or make you buy a new one?). Just saying.