Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera not showing in app but in web view

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ck247
Tutor
Tutor

I have a base station with four Arlo cameras but since recently only 3 of them show up in the iOS app (v.2.5.4).

But all 4, including the one not showing in the app (all 4 have firmware 1.2.16720) are visible in the web view in my Chrome browser (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/cameras) and I am able to start live viewing in the web for the one missing in the app.

Funny thing is checking the device info for this 4th camera (S/N 3SX1480L00145) I cannot adjust the settings, only check hardware version, S/N and firmware.

Adding the camera multiple times incl. once after a factory reset of the base station did not help.  Also deleting the app and reinstalling the app after my restart did not help, neither on my iphone nor on my ipad.

Any idea what is wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ck247,

Are you not seeing the cameras at all in the iOS app or are they showing up, but with an error message?

JamesC

ck247
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

I see 3 of the 4 cameras in the app, but the 4th is missing totally (it's always the same which is missing - I tried adding them in a different order but this specific camera is never recognized in the app but shows up in the web view). Every time I try to add this camera it seems to sync fine but then is still missing in the app. No error message or anything.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ck247,

Are you logged in using the primary account or a shared account via the Grant Access tool?

JamesC

ck247
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

I am using the primary account, at the moment there are not even other shared accounts which have been granted additional access.

best regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ck247,

Does this only happen on iOS? By chance, do you have an Android device you could test this on to see if you experience the same behavior?

If you're logging in with the same exact account information, all of the same devices that you see on the web should show up on the mobile app.

JamesC

ArloFry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am having the same issue with IOS and have gone through same troubleshooting steps to no avail. Would like a solution. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ArloFry,

Have you tried contacting customer service regarding this issue? I have attached the link for you here: Arlo Tech Support